Where to collect tickets for trains from Surat Thani booked through Thailand Trains
Tickets for Train journeys starting in Surat Thani booked though Thailand Trains can be collected from Surat Thani Train Station on the day of travel.
Surat Thani Train Station
Train tickets booked through Thailand Trains can be picked up at Surat Thani Train Station
Surat Thani Train Station is located 16 km to the West of Surat Thani city in the town of Phunphin. There are three ways to get from Surat Thani city to Surat Thani Train Station:
- Taxi: Expect to pay around 300 THB for a private taxi. There are small songthaew shared taxis near the bus terminal on the Talad Mai Road and available for hire flagged down whilst they drive around the city locating for trade. The journey should take around 28 minutes.
- Morobike Taxis: Expect to pay around 140 THB for the journey to Surat Thani Train Station on the back of a motorbike taxi. Motorbike taxis also tend to wait near the bus station on the Talad Mai Road.
- Public Bus: 18 THB per person and the journey takes 40 to minutes. The public bus to Surat Thani Train Station departs from Downtown Transportation Hub Talad Kaset 1 which is located between Soi 8 and Soi 10 of the Talad Mai Road.
Location of Surat Thani Train Station
Tickets can be collected from the Parcels Office at Surat Thani Train Station
Train tickets booked through Thailand Trains can be collected from the Parcels Office
If you pre-book through Thailand Trains your tickets will be waiting for you on the day of travel at the desk in the Parcels Office at Surat Thani Train Station. The Parcels Office is located on Platform 1 between the Ticket Hall and the toilets. The Parcels Office is open whenever trains are operating, which is pretty much 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Bring a print out of the electronic booking voucher you receive when booking your tickets and photo ID, such as a passport, when you go to collect your train tickets.
- In Thailand you need the actual train ticket if you wish to travel. The train staff will not accept the electronic booking voucher.
Now Book Train Tickets from Surat Thani to Bangkok
The Train is a very popular option for travel from Koh Samui and Koh Phangan to Bangkok. Passengers can travel through the night and arrive early the next morning in Bangkok. For this reason sleeper berths are often fully booked before the day of travel. Around the time of the monthly Full Moon Party and Thai holidays such as Songkran in April train tickets can sell out several weeks in advance. To ensure there is seat for you on the train be sure to book well in advance.