There are 4 direct train services a day from Bangkok to Udon Thani.
Trains to Udon Thani
|Train No.||Bangkok||Udon Thani||Service|
- The fastest train is Train 75 departing at 08.20 which is scheduled to complete the journey in 8 hours 35 minutes.
- The slowest service is Train 133 departing from Bangkok at 20.45 and arriving in Udon Thani 10 hours 12 minutes later.
Buy Tickets to Udon Thani
Use the Search Box below to buy your train tickets from Bangkok to Udon Thani:
Sleeper seats are available to book online as well as the cheaper seat only options. After booking either collect your train tickets in Bangkok or request that that are sent by post to your home address. The office in Bangkok where you choose your collect your train ticket is 3 minutes walk from the main train station via an underpass.
Ticket Prices to Udon Thani
|Seat Type||Online Price||Station Price|
|1st Class A/C Sleeper||1,767 THB||1,517 THB|
|2nd Class A/C Sleeper||1,229 THB||979 THB|
|2nd Class A/C Seat||729 THB||479 THB|
It costs around 250 THB extra to book a ticket online compared to buying a ticket at a train station. This additional fee is worth paying if:
- You want to guarantee a 1st or 2nd Class AC Sleeper as they tickets often sell out a few days before the date of the travel.
- You do not arrive in Thailand very long before you plan to travel and this makes it difficult for you to go in person to the train station to buy a ticket in advance.
- You prefer the convenience of buying a ticket online without needing to travel to a train station and queue up to buy a ticket.
Travel to Udon Thani
For the most comfortable travel to Udon Thani advise taking either Train #75 departing at 08:20 or Train #25 departing at 20:00. Train #75 is a sprinter train which completes the journey from Bangkok to Udon Thani during daylight hours. Train #75 has 2nd Class A/C seats available.
Train #25 is uses the newest of Thailand’s passenger train carriages, which are exclusively 1st and 2nd Class A/C Sleeper seats. Train #25 also features a modern and moderately priced restaurant car. The other late evening departure on Train #133 at 20:45 has no sleeper berths, only 3rd class fan cooled seats.
Bangkok Train Station
Hua Lamphong Station is Bangkok’s main train station and it is located in the centre of Bangkok near China Town. To get there you can go by metro (MRT), bus, tuk-tuk, taxi and by walking 10 minutes from the Marine Department Pier on the Chao Phraya Express Boat line. Hua Lamphong Train Station is near to some great temples and market worth exploring if you have some time before your train departs.
Udon Thani Train Station
Udon Thani railway station is on the edge of the City, some 4.0 km away from the Nong Prajak Public Park, but near to other attractions such as Central Shopping Mall and the famous Charoen Hotel. If you are heading onward from Udon Thani by bus, the Udon Thani Bus Terminal 1 is an easy 650 metre walk from Udon Thani train station.