By train the journey from Bangkok to Udon Thani is scheduled to take from 8 to 10 hours depending upon which train you take.
Train Times from Bangkok to Udon Thani
There are 3 direct train services a day from Bangkok to Udon Thani.
|Train No.||Bangkok||Udon Thani||Service|
- The fastest train from Bangkok to Udon Thani is Train 75 departing at 08:45 which is scheduled to complete the journey in 8 hours 10 minutes.
- The slowest train from Bangkok to Udon Thani is Train 133 departing from Bangkok at 21:25 and arriving in Udon Thani 9 hours 32 minutes later.
Buy Tickets from Bangkok to Udon Thani
Use the Search Box below to buy your train tickets from Bangkok to Udon Thani.
Sleeper seats are available to book online as well as the cheaper seat only options. After booking you will be sent your tickets by e-mail. You can either print out the tickets yourself or show the ticket to the conductor on the train on a mobile phone screen (or tablet or laptop computer).
Ticket Prices from Bangkok to Udon Thani
|Seat Type||Online Price||Station Price|
|1st Class A/C Sleeper||1,767 THB||1,517 THB|
|2nd Class A/C Sleeper||1,229 THB||979 THB|
|2nd Class A/C Seat||729 THB||479 THB|
It costs around 250 THB extra to book a ticket online compared to buying a ticket at a train station. This additional fee is worth paying if:
- You want to guarantee a 1st or 2nd Class AC Sleeper as they tickets often sell out a few days before the date of the travel.
- You do not arrive in Thailand very long before you plan to travel and this makes it difficult for you to go in person to the train station to buy a ticket in advance.
- You prefer the convenience of buying a ticket online without needing to travel to a train station and queue up to buy a ticket.
About Travel to Udon Thani
For the most comfortable journey to Udon Thani we advise taking either Train #75 departing at 08:45 or Train #25 departing at 20:00. Train #75 is a sprinter train which completes the journey from Bangkok to Udon Thani during daylight hours. Train #75 has 2nd Class A/C seats available.
Train #25 is uses the newest of Thailand’s passenger train carriages, which are exclusively 1st and 2nd Class A/C Sleeper seats. Train #25 also features a modern and moderately priced restaurant car. The other late evening departure on Train #133 at 20:45 has no sleeper berths, only 3rd class fan cooled seats.
Bangkok Train Station
From the 19th January 2023 the main railway station in Bangkok is Krung Thep Aphiwat Central Terminal Station (also known as Bang Sue Grand Station).
Udon Thani Train Station
Udon Thani Railway Station is on the edge of the City, some 4.0 km away from the Nong Prajak Public Park, but near to other attractions such as Central Shopping Mall and the famous Charoen Hotel. If you are heading onward from Udon Thani by bus, the Udon Thani Bus Terminal 1 is an easy 650 metre walk from Udon Thani Railway Station.