By train the journey from Bangkok to Surin is scheduled to take from 6 to 8 hours depending upon which train service you take.
Train Times from Bangkok to Surin
There are 6 direct train services a day from Bangkok to Surin.
- The fastest train from Bangkok to Surin is Train #21 departing at 06:10 from Bangkok and arriving in Surin at 12:09, a scheduled journey time of 5 hours 59 minutes.
- The slowest train is Train #141, which is scheduled to arrive in Surin 8 hours 21 minutes after departing from Bangkok at 23:05.
Buy Tickets from Bangkok to Surin
Use the Search Box below to buy your train tickets from Bangkok to Surin.
- Sleeper seats are available to book online as well as the cheaper seat only options.
- After booking you will be sent a ticket by e-mail.
Ticket Prices from Bangkok to Surin
|Seat Type||Online Price||Station Price|
|1st Class A/C Sleeper||1,606 THB||1,186 THB|
|2nd Class A/C Sleeper||1,069 THB||749 THB|
|2nd Class Fan Sleeper||679 THB||579 THB|
|2nd Class Fan Seat||529 THB||279 THB|
|3rd Class A/C Seat||639 THB||389 THB|
There are advantages and disadvantages to purchasing train tickets online for the journey from Bangkok to Surin:
- Disadvantages: Purchasing a ticket online will cost between 100 THB and 420 THB more than purchasing a ticket at the train station.
- Advantages: By purchasing a ticket online you can:
- Secure the type of seat you want.
- Travel on the train of your choice.
- Travel on the day that fits in best with your plans.
About Travel to Surin
We advise doing this journey in daylight hours. the section of track between Ayutthaya and Nakhon Ratchasima on the way to Surin is spectacular. Passengers who travel during daylight hours get to enjoy mountain views and pass by a large lake. Well worth seeing. When in Surin make sure you take the opportunity to visit one of the elephant camps.
Surin is most famous for its elephants and a quarter of all Thailand’s domestic elephants come from the Surin region. The Kuy ehtnic group, native inhabitants of Surin, have a long running tradition of elephant breeding and training dating back hundreds (perhaps thousands) of years to time when elephants where an important form of transport and were widely used in logging and agriculture in Thailand.
Bangkok Train Station
- From the 19th January 2023 the main railway station in Bangkok is Krung Thep Aphiwat Central Terminal Station (also known as Bang Sue Grand Station).