By train the journey from Buri Ram to Bangkok is scheduled to take from 5 to 7 hours depending upon which train service you take.
Trains Times from Buri Ram to Bangkok
There are currently 6 direct trains per day from Buri Ram to Bangkok.
- The fastest train is Train #22 departing from Buri Ram at 17:15 and arriving in Bangkok at 22:35 which is a scheduled journey time of 5 hours 20 minutes.
- The slowest direct train from Buri Ram to Bangkok is Train #136 departing from Buri Ram at 10:27 and arriving in Bangkok 7 hours 28 minutes later at 17:55.
Buy Tickets from Buri Ram to Bangkok
Use the Search Box below to buy your train tickets from Bangkok to Buri Ram.
For daytime travel we recommend taking Train #72 because it completes the journey in the relatively quick time of 5 hours 55 minutes and it has comfortable and inexpensive air-conditioned seats. Train #72 completes the journey with 17 stops on route to Bangkok compared with the tedious 24 stops made by Train #136 during the journey from Buri Ram to Bangkok. For overnight travel book Train #24 which has 1st and 2nd Class A/C Sleeper berths which you book on online.
Ticket Prices from Buri Ram to Bangkok
Booking a ticket online from Buri Ram to Bangkok is 250 THB to 300 THB more expensive per ticket than buying a ticket at the train station. However, by booking online you can reserve a 2nd Class Sleeper seat in advance.
|Seat Type||Online Price||Station Price|
|2nd Class A/C Sleeper||1,185 THB||885 THB|
|3rd Class A/C Seat||725 THB||475 THB|
The best seats on trains in Thailand often sell out a few days before and you may not be able to buy your preferred type of ticket at the station on the day of travel because the train is already fully booked.
Buri Ram Train Station
Bangkok Train Station
- From the 19th January 2023 the main railway station in Bangkok is Krung Thep Aphiwat Central Terminal Station (also known as Bang Sue Grand Station).
About Travel to Bangkok
The journey from Buri Ram to Bangkok takes passengers past some of the best scenery on the Thai Railway Network, second only to the journey from Bangkok to Chiang Mai.
If you have never travelled this way by train before we recommend that you take one of the daytime trains (Trains #234, #72, #136 or #136). It gets dark in Thailand at around 18:30 every night of the year and you will see nothing from the train if you take any of the later departures from Buri Ram to Bangkok. The most interesting parts of the journey are:
- Lumtakong Lake.
- The mountainous areas between Pak Chong and Ayutthaya.
- The temples and markets in the suburbs of Bangkok.