To travel by train from Chiang Mai to Sukhothai you need to:
- Take the train to Phitsanulok.
- Then travel 62.7 km from Phitsanulok to Sukhothai by bus.
Train Times to Phitsanulok
There are 6 direct train services a day from Chiang Mai to Phitsanulok.
|Train No.||Chiang Mai||Phitsanulok||Service|
- Train #8 departing at 08:50 is the fastest train service between Chiang Mai and Phitsanulok, scheduled to complete the journey in 5 hours 44 minutes.
- The slowest service is Train #408 which departs at 09:30, and arrives in Phitsanulok 7 hours 52 minutes later.
Buy Tickets to Phitsanulok
Use the Search Box below to buy your train tickets from Chiang Mai to Phitsanulok.
- Sleeper seats are available to book online as well as the cheaper seat only options.
- After booking either collect your train tickets at the Bossotel near Chiang Mai Train Station or request that they are sent to your home address.
The train journey from Chiang Mai to Phitsanulok passes some fantastic scenery which you can enjoy best if you take a train which completes the journey in daylight hours. Of the three trains which arrive before it get dark, the best of these is Train #8 because not only is it the fastest, but also because it is the only day time train with air conditioned carriages. Train #8 only has one seat type and the ticket price includes a meal brought to your seat and a drink.
Bus Services to Sukhothai
There is no train line to Sukhothai, but there are bus services every hour from Phitsanulok to Sukhothai and the bus journey takes only 1 hour and 2 minutes.
See below for information about travel from Phitsanulok Train Station to Phitsanulok Bus Terminal and thereafter travel by bus to Sukhothai. It is a simple journey. The Bus Terminal is a short distance from the Train Station and bus services from Phitsanulok to Sukhothai are very cheap and frequent.
Train Ticket Prices to Phitsanulok
|Seat Type||Online Price||Station Price|
|2nd Class A/C Seat||720 THB||470 THB|
- 2nd Class A/C seat price includes drinks and food during the journey.
Bus Times to Sukhothai
To reach Sukhothai by train from Chiang Mai you need to leave the train at Phitsanulok Train Station. Bus services from Phitsanulok to Sukhothai depart from Phitsanulok Bus Terminal. Phitsanulok Bus Terminal is 2.1 km walking distance from Phitsanulok Train Station. See below for directions. It takes 26 minutes to walk between Phitsanulok Train Station and Phitsanulok Bus Station, alternatively take a tuk tuk or taxi from outside the train station. The journey by road takes 7 minutes and should cost 60 THB in taxi or a tuk tuk.
- Bus Ticket Cost Phitsanulok to Sukhothai: 43 THB
- Bus Times Phitsanulok to Sukhothai: Every hour from 05.30 to 18.00
- Journey Time Phitsanulok to Sukhothai: 1 hour 02 minutes