By train the journey from Phitsanulok to Chiang Mai is scheduled to take from 6 to 7 hours depending upon which train you take.
Trains Times from Phitsanulok to Chiang Mai
There are currently 5 direct train services per day from Phitsanulok to Chiang Mai.
|Train No.||Phitsanulok||Chiang Mai||Service|
- The fastest train from Phitsanulok to Chiang Mai is Train #7 departing from Phitsanulok at 13:22 and scheduled to complete the journey in 6 hours 8 minutes.
- The slowest train from Phitsanulok to Chiang Mai is Train #51 which departs at 04:40 and is scheduled to arrive in Chiang Mai 7 hours 30 minutes later.
Buy Tickets from Phitsanulok to Chiang Mai
Use the Search Box below to buy your train tickets from Phitsanulok to Chiang Mai.
- Train #7 departing at 13:22 is a fast service which completes most of the journey in the day time, allowing you the opportunity to see the spectacular scenery on route, its air-conditioned and the ticket price includes a meal and drinks served to your seat.
- Of the overnight trains the best one is Train #9 departing at 00:18 because it uses Thailand’s newly acquired modern train carriages brought into service in November 2016 and also because Train #9 departs and arrives at convenient times: not too late and not too early.
Ticket Prices from Phitsanulok to Chiang Mai
|Seat Type||Online Price||Station Price|
|1st Class A/C Sleeper||1,585 THB||1,335 THB|
|2nd Class A/C Sleeper||920 to 1,130 THB||670 to 880 THB|
|2nd Class A/C Seat||720 THB||470 THB|
|2nd Class Fan Sleeper||700 THB||450 THB|
About Travel to Chiang Mai
Located only 1 hour away from Sukhothai by road, Phitsanulok Train Station is the nearest railway connection to Sukhothai Historical Park. Many foreign visitors choose to travel by train between Sukhothai and Chiang Mai, rather than travel by bus which takes 5 hours 15 minutes.
Although the journey by bus is quicker, the train is more comfortable particularly if you are planning to travel overnight. The scenery from the train, especially as it passes through the mountains of the Doi Khun Tan National Park, is also better than the scenery travelling by road. We recommend travelling by day for this reason and there is plenty of time to get from Sukhothai to Phitsanulok in the morning to catch Train #7 which departs at 13:22.
Phitsanulok Train Station
- See information about Phitsanulok Train Station
Chiang Mai Train Station
- See information about Chiang Mai Train Station