There are two direct trains per day from Sungai Kolok to Bangkok.
Trains Times to Bangkok
|Train No.||Sungai Kolok||Bangkok||Service|
- The fastest train is Train #38 departing at 14:20 and scheduled to arrive 19 hours 50 minutes later at 10:10.
- The slowest direct train from Sungai Kolok to Bangkok is Train #172 departing at 11:30 and arriving in Bangkok at 09:15, 21 hours and 50 minutes after departing from Sungai Kolok.
- Train #172 stops at 37 stations on route before arriving in Bangkok which is the main reason why it is slower than Train #38 which stops at only 24 stations along the way.
- To cut up to an hour off the journey time to central Bangkok leave the train at Bang Sue Train Station on the edge of Bangkok and switch to travelling by MRT (metro).
Train Tickets to Bangkok
Use the Search Box below to buy your train tickets from Sungai Kolok to Bangkok.
Sleeper seats are available to book online as well as the cheaper seat only options. After booking either collect your train tickets at the Parcel Office at Sungai Kolok Train Station or request that they are sent by post to your home address. Of the two to trains to choose from for this journey, the best choice is Train #38 departing at 14:20. Not only is this train quicker it also uses newer train carriages with 1st and 2nd class air-conditioned sleeper seats as well as 2nd and 3rd class fan cooled seats.
Ticket Prices to Bangkok
|Seat Type||Online Price||Station Price|
|1st Class A/C Sleeper||2,003 THB||1,753 THB|
|2nd Class A/C Sleeper||1,147 to 1,227 THB||897 to 977 THB|
|2nd Class Fan Sleeper||927 THB||677 THB|
This is a long journey so definitely opt for a sleeper seat. If you are on a tight budget then a 2nd class fan cooled sleeper seat on Train #172 might be the best option, as it is 300 THB cheaper than a 2nd class sleeper seat on Train #38.
Sungai Kolok to Bangkok
The Sungai Kolok to Bangkok route is popular with foreign visitors returning from a visit to the Thai Embassy in Kota Bharu or a visit to the Perhentian Islands, a popular place to go diving.
To reach Sungai Kolok Train Station by public transport from either the Perhentian Islands or Kota Bharu you need to catch a bus from Jalan Pendek bus station in the centre of Kota Bharu. Public bus number 29 goes as far as Rantau Panjang bus station, which is a 240 metre walk from the immigration building on the Malaysian side. The cost of the journey from Kota Bharu is 5 MYR and the journey takes around 1 hour 20 minutes. Alternatively you can take a taxi from Kota Bharu to the border which costs 50 MYR to 60 MYR and around 40 minutes. Once over the border its a 1.4 km journey to Sungai Kolok Train Station which we advise you travel with one of motorbike taxis waiting outside Thailand Immigration, a journey which will cost you 50 THB. It is safer to travel one person per motorbike taxi and please wear the helmet provided.
Sungai Kolok Train Station
- See more information about Sungai Kolok Train Station
Bangkok Train Station
- See more information about Bangkok Train Station