There are two direct trains per day from Trang to Hua Hin.
Train Times to Hua Hin
|Train No.||Trang||Hua Hin||Service|
- The fastest train is Train #84 departing from Trang at 17:00 and scheduled to arrive 11 hours 10 minutes later in Bangkok at 04:10.
- The slowest direct train from Trang to Hua Hin is Train #168 departing at 13:19 and arriving in Hua Hin at 01:27, 12 hours and 08 minutes after departing from Trang.
Buy Tickets to Hua Hin
Use the Search Box below to buy your train tickets from Trang to Hua Hin. Sleeper seats are available to book online as well as the cheaper seat only options. After booking either collect your train tickets at the Parcel Office at Trang Train Station or request that they are sent by post to your home address.
Of the two to trains to choose from for this journey, the best choice is Train #84 departing at 17:00. There are 4 main reasons for choosing Train #84 over Train #168:
- Train #84 is 58 minutes quicker.
- Train #168 arrives at an inconvenient time: 01:27.
- Train #84 is a newer train than Train #168 and is more comfortable
- Train #84 has 1st and 2nd air-conditioned class sleeper berths.
Ticket Prices to Hua Hin
|Seat Type||Online Price||Station Price|
|1st Class A/C Sleeper||1,563 THB||1,313 THB|
|2nd Class A/C Sleeper||1,046 THB||756 THB|
About Travel to Hua Hin
This is a journey best travelled at night. With the exception of the first hour of so of the journey passing by the Khao Pu Khao Yai National Park, the scenery along the way is not that great. For most of the journey all you see is endless rubber tree plantations and some fairly unattractive modern Thai towns, such as Surat Thani. Better to book yourself a sleeper berth and wake up in the far more attractive town of Hua Hin.
If you are wondering what to do until you can do from the time you arrive (at 04:12 on Train #84) and the time you check into your hotel the first thing to bear in mind is that the train is often up to an hour late. The train staff will wake up in good time before arriving in Hua Hin so just carry on sleeping until the train gets to Hua Hin. After you do arrive in Hua Hin we suggest that you then wonder slowly down to the beach front and go for breakfast at Buffalo Bill’s Tavern, which opens at 08:30 everyday, as they serve one of the English breakfasts you will find anywhere in Thailand.
Location of Trang Station
Location of Hua Hin Station
- See more information about Hua Hin Train Station