By train the journey from Ubon Ratchathani to Ayutthaya is scheduled to take from 7 to 10 hours depending upon train you take.
Train Times from Ubon Ratchathani to Ayutthaya
There are 8 direct trains per day from Ubon Ratchathani to Ayutthaya.
- Please note: The services shaded in grey are not currently operating.
- The fastest train is Train #22 departing at 14:50 and scheduled to arrive 6 hours 51 minutes later at 21:41
- The slowest direct train from Ubon Ratchathani to Ayutthaya is Train #146 departing at 09:30 and arriving in Ayutthaya at 19:24, a scheduled journey time of 9 hours 54 minutes, which is more than 2 hours slower than Train #22. It is worth bearing in mind that whilst Train #22 stops at 13 station before arriving in Ayutthaya, Train #146 stops at 40 train station on route from Ubon Ratchathani to Ayutthaya.
Buy Tickets from Ubon Ratchathani to Ayutthaya
Use the Search Box below to buy your train tickets from Ubon Ratchathani to Ayutthaya:
- Sleeper seats are available to book online as well as the cheaper seat only options.
- After booking your tickets will be sent to you by e-mail.
The best day time train to book is Train #22 which has 3 carriages of air-conditioned 2nd and 3rd class seats with the ticket price including the cost of trays of food and drink brought to your seat. This food tends to be better than the food which is served in the restaurant car on other types of Intercity train in Thailand. If you plan to travel overnight, opt for Train #24 which uses the brand new carriages introduced by the State Railways of Thailand in November 2016. The least comfortable option for overnight travel is Train #142 which has no sleeper berths or air conditioning, only fan cooled seats.
Ticket Prices from Ubon Ratchathani to Ayutthaya
|Seat Type||Online Price||Station Price|
|2nd Class A/C Sleeper||1,247 THB||981 THB|
|3rd Class A/C Seat||807 THB||557 THB|
Train tickets purchased online are 250 THB more expensive than train tickets purchased at a train station in Thailand. The advantage of paying more to book online in advance is that you can guarantee that the seat type you want is available on the day you plan to travel.
Train Travel to Ayutthaya
The main attraction for visitors to Ayutthaya is the Historical Park, which is Thailand best collection of ancient monuments.
Ayutthaya Train Station is 4.4 km from the Ayutthaya Historical Park, on the other side of the Pa Sak River. From the train station take a tuk tuk to get to historical park or the city centre, there are always many tuk tuk waiting outside the train station. A tuk tuk should cost 100 THB from the train station the historical park. You should devote at least 4 hours to exploring the main temples in the historical park and whilst you are in the area visit Bang Pa-In Royal Palace which is also in Ayutthaya. For this reason plan to spend at least one night in Ayutthaya, perhaps in a hotel near Ayutthaya Train Station.
Location of Ubon Ratchathani Railway Station
Location of Ayutthaya Station
- See more information about Ayutthaya Train Station