By train the journey from Prachuap Khiri Khan to Bangkok is schedued to take from 5 to 7 hours depending upon which train you travel on. Some are faster than others.
Train Times from Prachuap Khiri Khan to Bangkok
There are 7 train services a day from Prachuap Khiri Khan to Bangkok. Not all of the trains running from Surat Thani to Bangkok stop at Prachuap Khiri Khan.
|Prachuap Khiri Khan||Bangkok||Service||Train|
- The fastest service is Train #40, departing at 15:00, scheduled to complete the journey to Bangkok in 5 hours 30 minutes.
- The slowest service is Train #168, departing at 23:43, which is scheduled to reach Bangkok 7 hours 17 minutes later at 07:00.
Buy Tickets from Prachuap Khiri Khan to Bangkok
Use the Search Box below to buy your train tickets from Prachuap Khiri Khan to Bangkok.
Ticket Prices from Prachuap Khiri Khan to Bangkok
Tickets often sell out before the day of travel for 1st and 2nd Class Sleeper Seats between Prachuap Khiri Khan and Bangkok. This is not because there is a high demand for train tickets from Prachuap Khiri Khan, but because all the direct trains to Bangkok stop at Surat Thani (which is the connection point to the islands of Koh Samui and Koh Phangan) and Chumphon (the nearest station to Koh Tao) before they get to Prachuap Khiri Khan. In high season, particularly around the time of Koh Phangan’s monthly Full Moon Party, all the 1st and 2nd Class Sleeper seats get booked in advance by people travelling from Surat Thani to Bangkok on the overnight trains.
|Seat Type||Online Price||Station Price|
|2nd Class A/C Sleeper||865 to 925 THB||595 to 635 THB|
|2nd Class A/C Seat||705 THB||455 THB|
Tickets purchased online through the Search Box above are 250 THB to 290 THB more expensive than tickets purchased at the station.
Journey Info to Bangkok
- Distance from Prachuap Khiri Khan to Bangkok: 287 km
- Train travel time from Prachuap Khiri Khan to Bangkok: 5 hours 30 minutes to 7 hours 17 minutes
- Travel by road time from Prachuap Khiri Khan to Bangkok: 3 hours 45 minutes
Best Trains from Prachuap Khiri Khan to Bangkok
The best trains to take from Phrachuap Khiri Khan to Bangkok are:
- Daytime train: Train #40 departing at 15:00 because it is the second fastest train completing the journey in 5 hours 30 minutes, and it arrives at 20:30 which is still early enough to check into a hotel and go out for an evening meal.
- Overnight train: Train #86 departing at 00:32 because it has much better quality 1st and 2nd Class Sleeper carriages than the two earlier trains departing at 22:19 and 23:23.
If you want to transport a bicycle or a large item of luggage then travel on any train except Train #42/44 and Train #40, as both these train are 3 carriage Sprinter Services with no freight car in which you transport your oversized item.
Prachuap Khiri Khan Railway Station
Prachuap Khiri Khan Railway Station is located near to centre of Prachuap Khiri Khan town, only 550 metres walk from Prachuap Khiri Khan’s famous town centre pier with its much photographed light house.
If you not already booked a place to stay in Prachuap Khiri Khan then try the Prachuap Grand Hotel which is only a 450 metre walk from Prachuap Khiri Khan Railway Station.
Location of Prachuap Khiri Khan Station
Bangkok Railway Station
- From the 19th January 2023 the main railway station in Bangkok is Krung Thep Aphiwat Central Terminal (also known as Bang Sue Grand Station).