By train the journey from Prachuap Khiri Khan to Bangkok is schedued to take 6 to 8 hours depending upon which train you travel on. Some are faster than others.
Train Times from Prachuap Khiri Khan to Bangkok
There are a total of 8 daily direct train services from Prachuap Khiri Khan to Bangkok. Not all of the trains running from Surat Thani stop at Prachuap Khiri Khan.
- Please note: The services shaded in grey are not currently operating.
|Prachuap Khiri Khan||Bangkok||Service Type||Train No.|
- The fastest service is Train #40, departing at 15:00, scheduled to complete the journey to Bangkok in 6 hours 10 minutes.
- The slowest service is Train #168, departing at 23:43, which is scheduled to reach Bangkok 7 hours 52 minutes later at 07:35.
Buy Tickets from Prachuap Khiri Khan to Bangkok
Use the Search Box below to buy your train tickets from Prachuap Khiri Khan to Bangkok. Simply enter your date of travel and click to Find Tickets.
- After booking through the Search Box above your tickets will be sent to you by e-mail.
- You can either print out your tickets or show your tickets to the conductor on a mobile phone, tablet or laptop computer. Train staff in Thailand have issued with hand held devices which scan the QR code on the bottom right hand side of the ticket.
Ticket Prices from Prachuap Khiri Khan to Bangkok
Tickets often sell out before the day of travel for 1st and 2nd Class Sleeper Seats between Prachuap Khiri Khan and Bangkok. This is not because there is a high demand for train tickets from Prachuap Khiri Khan, but because all the direct trains to Bangkok stop at Surat Thani (which is the connection point to the islands of Koh Samui and Koh Phangan) and Chumphon (the nearest station to Koh Tao) before they get to Prachuap Khiri Khan. In high season, particularly around the time of Koh Phangan’s monthly Full Moon Party, all the 1st and 2nd Class Sleeper seats get booked in advance by people travelling from Surat Thani to Bangkok on the overnight trains.
|Seat Type||Online Price||Station Price|
|2nd Class A/C Sleeper||865 to 925 THB||595 to 635 THB|
|2nd Class A/C Seat||705 THB||455 THB|
Tickets purchased online through the Search Box above are 250 THB to 290 THB more expensive than tickets purchased at the station.
Journey Info to Bangkok
- Distance from Prachuap Khiri Khan to Bangkok: 287 km
- Train travel time from Prachuap Khiri Khan to Bangkok: 6 hours 10 minutes to 8 hours 12 minutes
- Travel by road time from Prachuap Khiri Khan to Bangkok: 3 hours 45 minutes
Best Trains from Prachuap Khiri Khan to Bangkok
The best trains to take from Phrachuap Khiri Khan to Bangkok are:
- Daytime train: Train #40 departing at 15:00 because it is the second fastest train completing the journey in 6 hours 10 minutes, and it arrives at 21:10 which is still early enough to check in a nearby hotel and go out for an evening meal.
- Overnight train: Train #86 departing at 00:32 because it has much better quality 1st and 2nd Class Sleeper carriages than the two earlier trains departing at 22:19 and 23:23.
If you want to transport a bicycle or a large item of luggage then travel on any train except Train #42/44 and Train #40, as both these train are 3 carriage Sprinter Services with no freight car in which you transport your oversized item.
Prachuap Khiri Khan Station
Prachuap Khiri Khan Railway Station is located near to centre of Prachuap Khiri Khan town, only 550 metres walk from Prachuap Khiri Khan’s famous town centre pier with its much photographed light house.
If you not already booked a place to stay in Prachuap Khiri Khan then try the Prachuap Grand Hotel which is only a 450 metre walk from Prachuap Khiri Khan Railway Station.
Location of Prachuap Khiri Khan Station
Arrival in Bangkok
Trains from Bangkok terminate at Bangkok’s main train station, which is known locally as Hua Lamphong. From Hua Lamphong train station the easiest, quickest and cheapest way to travel to most parts of Bangkok is to take the Metro (MRT). There is an entrance to the MRT station to the right side of the station as you leave the train platform. Bangkok’s MRT system connect with both the BTS (Bangkok’s elevated train system known by many as the Sky Train) and Airport Railway Link which is the cheapest way to travel to Suvarnabhumi International Airport.
If you are staying in areas not currently connected to the MRT or BTS system, such as the Khao San Road area, then we recommend that you take a meter taxi or if you are staying near the river and good to walk 1.2 km to the nearest river boat pier, you can take the Chao Phraya Express Boat which is commuter boat service operating on Bangkok’s main river, the Mae Nam Chao Phraya.