It takes between 4 hours 38 minutes and 6 hours 34 minutes to travel by train from Prachuap Khiri Khan to Bangkok depending upon which train you travel on. Some are faster than others. There are 5 departures a day in the very early morning, a single departure in the afternoon and then 2 departures late in the evening between 22.58 and midnight.
Train Times to Bangkok
There are a total of 8 daily direct train services from Prachuap Khiri Khan to Bangkok. Not all of the trains running from Surat Thani stop at Prachuap Khiri Khan.
|Prachuap Khiri Khan||Bangkok||Service Type||Train No.|
- The fastest service is Train #42/44, departing at 01:17, scheduled to complete the journey to Bangkok in 4 hours 38 minutes.
- The slowest service is Train #170, departing at 02:26, which is scheduled to reach Bangkok 6 hours 34 minutes later at 09:00.
Buy Tickets to Bangkok
Use the Search Box below to buy your train tickets from Prachuap Khiri Khan to Bangkok. Simply enter your date of travel and click to Find Tickets.
- In Thailand you need an actual ticket in order to ticket, opposed to simply a booking voucher sent electronically.
- After booking either collect your train tickets at the Parcel Office at Prachuap Khiri Khan Train Station or request that they are sent by post to your home address.
Ticket Prices to Bangkok
Tickets often sell out before the day of travel for 1st and 2nd Class Sleeper Seats between Prachuap Khiri Khan and Bangkok. This is not because there is a high demand for train tickets from Prachuap Khiri Khan, but because all the direct trains to Bangkok stop at Surat Thani (which is the connection point to the islands of Koh Samui and Koh Phangan) and Chumphon (the nearest station to Koh Tao) before they get to Prachuap Khiri Khan. In high season, particularly around the time of Koh Phangan’s monthly Full Moon Party, all the 1st and 2nd Class Sleeper seats get booked in advance by people travelling from Surat Thani to Bangkok on the overnight trains.
|Seat Type||Online Price||Station Price|
|2nd Class A/C Sleeper||865 to 925 THB||595 to 635 THB|
|2nd Class A/C Seat||705 THB||455 THB|
Tickets purchased online through the Search Box above are 250 THB to 290 THB more expensive than tickets purchased at the station.
Journey Info to Bangkok
- Distance from Prachuap Khiri Khan to Bangkok: 287 km
- Train travel time from Prachuap Khiri Khan to Bangkok: 4 hours 38 minutes to 6 hours 34 minutes
- Travel by road time from Prachuap Khiri Khan to Bangkok: 3 hours 45 minutes
The Best Trains to Bangkok
The best trains to takes from Phrachuap Khiri Khan to Bangkok are:
- Daytime train: Train #40 departing at 14:49 because it is the second fastest train completing the journey in 4 hours 46 minutes, and it arrives at 19:45 which is early enough to check in a nearby hotel and go out for an evening meal.
- Overnight train: Train #86 departing at 00:15 because it has much better quality 1st and 2nd Class Sleeper carriages than the two earlier trains departing at 22:58 and 23:36.
If you want to transport a bicycle or a large item of luggage then travel on any train except Train #42/44 and Train #40, as both these train are 3 carriage Sprinter Services with no freight car in which you transport your oversized item
Prachuap Khiri Khan Station
Prachuap Khiri Khan Railway Station is located near to centre of Prachuap Khiri Khan town, only 550 metres walk from Prachuap Khiri Khan’s famous town centre pier with its much photographed light house.
If you not already booked a place to stay in Prachuap Khiri Khan then try the Prachuap Grand Hotel which is only a 450 metre walk from Prachuap Khiri Khan Railway Station.
Location of Prachuap Khiri Khan Station
Arrival in Bangkok
Trains from Bangkok terminate at Bangkok’s main train station, which is known locally as Hua Lamphong. From Hua Lamphong train station the easiest, quickest and cheapest way to travel to most parts of Bangkok is to take the Metro (MRT). There is an entrance to the MRT station to the right side of the station as you leave the train platform. Bangkok’s MRT system connect with both the BTS (Bangkok’s elevated train system known by many as the Sky Train) and Airport Railway Link which is the cheapest way to travel to Suvarnabhumi International Airport.
If you are staying in areas not currently connected to the MRT or BTS system, such as the Khao San Road area, then we recommend that you take a meter taxi or if you are staying near the river and good to walk 1.2 km to the nearest river boat pier, you can take the Chao Phraya Express Boat which is commuter boat service operating on Bangkok’s main river, the Mae Nam Chao Phraya.