The easiest and cheapest way to travel from Hat Yai Railway Station to Koh Lipe is take a joint bus and speed boat service. If you book in advance you can board a service which depart from in front of the railway station in Hat Yai.
Bus & speed boat times from Hat Yai Railway Station to Koh Lipe
There are currently 5 joint bus and speed boat services a day from Hat Yai Railway Station to Koh Lipe
|Train Station||Koh Lipe||Cost||Company|
|08:00||13:30||900 THB||Jolly Travel|
|08:30||13:30||900 THB||Dee Travels Hatyai|
|10:30||15:30||900 THB||Dee Travels Hatyai|
- The first part of the journey is a 1 hrs 55 min journey by bus from Hat Yai Railway Station to Pakbara Pier. From Pakabara Pier the next stage of the journey is a sea crossing by speedboat to Koh Lipe.
- The journey by speedboat takes between 1 hour 30 minutes and 2 hours depending on which service you take. The start and arrival times allow for delays and embarkation and disembarkation of the speedboat.
Buy Tickets from Hat Yai Railway Station to Koh Lipe
Use the Search Box to buy your tickets from Hat Yai Railway Station to Koh Lipe.
Tickets for other ferry, bus, and train journeys across South East Asia are also available to book through the Search Box above.
Trains from Bangkok to Hat Yai
There are 4 trans a day from Bangkok to Hat Yai.
|Train No.||Bangkok||Hat Yai||Service|
- All trains from Bangkok to Hat Yai arrive early enough to travel to Koh Lipe on the same day.
Train Tickets from Bangkok to Hat Yai
1st and 2nd Class Sleeper berths from Bangkok to Hat Yai often sell out before the day of travel so it’s important to book your tickets in advance.
- Buy train tickets from Bangkok to Hat Yai.
Special Express Train #31 departing from Bangkok at 14:30 is probably the best train to catch if you are planning to go direct to Koh Lipe.
- Two reasons to book Train #31:
- Arrival Time: Train #31 is scheduled to arrive at 07:25 which means you are in good time to catch the 08.00 or 09.00 departures from Hat Yai Train Station to Koh Lipe. Trains services on Thailand’s Southern Line are often delayed because long sections of this railway line are single track and trains often need to wait long periods for trains travelling in the other direction to pass.
- Train Facilities: Train #31 uses the brand new train carriages introduced by the State Railways of Thailand in November 2016. The only seat types on this train are 1st and 2nd Class A/C Sleeper berths and they are the best quality sleeper berths available on any Thai train for the same price as the sleepers berths available on other older trains.
Route from Hat Yai to Pakbara Pier
- Distance from Hat Yai Train Station to Pakbara ferry pier: 125 kilometres
- Time taken to complete Sea Crossing to Koh Lipe: 1 hour 30 min to 2 hours 00 min
Park Fees for Koh Lipe
Speed boat services from Pakbara Pier arrive onto the beach itself. Larger boats dock into a floating jetty about 100 metres offshore from Koh Lipe Island. Koh Lipe is in the Tarutao National Park and a fee to enter the park needs to be paid on arrival in Koh Lipe:
- National Park Entrance Fee: 200 THB
The National Park Fee allows entrance for the park for 7 days. Make sure you keep the entrance ticket or you risk being charged 200 THB again if you visit other islands and on return to Koh Lipe.
Koh Lipe is a small island and most journeys can be completed easily by walking. However, if you do need transport take either:
- A long-tail taxi boat for which the charge will be around 50 THB person to any point on the island.
- A motorcycle taxi which will charge between 20 THB and 200 THB per person depending upon where you want to go, how difficult the drive is and good your negotiating skills are.