There are between three and eight direct services each day from Hat Yai Train Station to Koh Lipe depending on the time of year when you plan to travel. Use the Search Box below to find out which services are operating on the day you plan to travel.
Travel Times to Koh Lipe
|08:00||13:30||Smart En Plus||750 THB|
|08:30||13:30||Jolly Travel||750 THB|
|09:30||15:00||Sukhothai Tour Hat Yai||650 THB|
|10:00||15:30||Smart En Plus||750 THB|
|11:30||16:30||Sukhothai Tour Hat Yai||650 THB|
|12:30||17:00||Dee Travels Hatyai||650 THB|
Ticket prices do not include the 200 THB entrance fee to Tarutao National Park.
Buy Tickets to Koh Lipe
The first part of the journey is a 1 hrs 55 min journey by bus from Hat Yai Railway Station to Pakbara Pier. From Pakabara Pier the next stage of the journey is a sea crossing by speedboat to Koh Lipe.
The journey by speedboat takes between 1 hour 30 minutes and 2 hours depending on which service you take. The start and arrival times allow for delays and embarkation and disembarkation of the speedboat.
Connecting Trains from Bangkok
Below is a list of the trains you can take from Bangkok to connect with the bus and ferry service to Koh Lipe.
|Train No.||Bangkok||Hat Yai||Service|
* Arrival Time is too late to travel to Koh Lipe on the same day
Train Tickets Bangkok to Hat Yai
There are five direct trains a day from Bangkok to Hat Yai. All trains except Train #41 arrive in Hat Yai in time to meet with a direct connecting service from Hat Yai Train Station to Koh Lipe.
- Buy train tickets from Bangkok to Hat Yai.
Special Express Train #31 departing from Bangkok at 14.45 is probably the best train to catch if you are planning to go direct to Koh Lipe.
- Two reasons to book Train #31:
- Arrival time: Train #31 is scheduled to arrive at 06.35 which means you are in good time to catch the 08.00 or 09.00 departures from Hat Yai Train Station to Koh Lipe. Trains services on Thailand’s Southern Line are often delayed because long sections of this railway line are single track and trains often need to wait long periods for trains travelling in the other direction to pass.
- Train Facilities: Train #31 uses the brand new train carriages introduced by the State Railways of Thailand in November 2016. The only seat types on this train are 1st and 2nd Class A/C Sleeper berths and they are the best quality sleeper berths available on any Thai train for the same price as the sleepers berths available on other older trains.
Route Info to Pakbara Pier
- Distance from Hat Yai Train Station to Pakbara ferry pier: 125 kilometres
- Time taken to complete Sea Crossing to Koh Lipe: 1 hours 30 min to 2 hours 00 min
Park Fees for Koh Lipe
The speedboat from Pakbara Pier terminates at a floating jetty about 100 metres offshore from Koh Lipe Island. Koh Lipe is in the Tarutao National Park and two fees need to be paid before you arrive on Koh Lipe itself:
- National Park Entrance Fee: 200 THB
- Local Boat Fee: 50 THB
The National Park Fee allows entrance for the park for 7 days. Make sure you keep the entrance ticket or you risk being charged 200 THB again if you visit other islands and on return to Koh Lipe.
Koh Lipe is a small island and most journeys can be completed easily by walking. However, if you do need transport take either:
- A ‘long-tail’ taxi boat for which the charge will be around 50 THB person to any point on the island.
- A motorcycle taxi which will charge between 20 THB and 200 THB per person depending upon where you want to go, how difficult the drive is and good your negotiating skills are.