There is currently 1 direct services a day from Koh Tao to Chumphon Train Station. This a joint ferry and bus service taking passengers all the way from the main ferry pier in Koh Tao to the car park in front of Chumphon Train Station.
Ferry & bus times from Koh Tao to Chumphon Train Station
The alternative to taking a joint ferry and bus service is to take a private taxi from the ferry pier on the mainland to Chumphon Train Station, which is expensive.
|Koh Tao||Train Station||Cost||Company|
- The journey with the Lomprayah High Speed Ferry Company takes 2 hours 45 minutes.
Buy Tickets from Koh Tao to Chumphon Train Station
Use the Search Box below to buy your tickets from Koh Tao to Chumphon Train Station.
Mae Haad Ferry Pier
Mae Haad Ferry Pier is the departure point for ferry services from Koh Tao to the mainland as well as to Koh Samui and Koh Phangan. Mae Haad Ferry Pier is located on the West Coast of Koh Tao only 1.7 km from Sairee Beach approximately 21 minutes away on foot or 5 minutes by car or motorbike.
Location of Mae Haad Ferry Pier
Lomprayah High Speed Ferry Service
The Lomprayah High Speed Ferry Company is the premier provider of ferry and connecting bus services for the islands of Koh Tao, Koh Samui and Koh Phangan. The Lomprayah High Speed Ferry company has been in operation since 1996 and operates 5 high speed catamaran ferries on the route from Donsak ferry port near Surat Thani on the Thai mainland to Koh Samui, Koh Phangan and Koh Tao and onto Tung Makham ferry pier near Chumphon.
The ferries used by the Lomprayah High Speed Ferry Company are the fastest passenger ferries in the Gulf of Thailand featuring comfortable seating in air-conditioned cabins, as well as outside seating, a shop selling food and drinks and plenty of clean toilets. The service on the ferries is also good with staff loading large items of luggage on and off the ferries. The ferries are, however, one part of the operation; the Lomprayah High Speed Ferry Company also has a significant land based operation involving a large fleet of well managed bus and minivan services. The Lomprayah High Speed Ferry Company is the best point to point ferry and bus service provider operating in the Koh Samui Archipelago offer direct services from Koh Tao to:
Train Tickets from Chumphon to Bangkok
- Book train tickets from Chumphon to Bangkok.
The earliest train you can catch on the same day as departing from Koh Tao is Train #174 departing from Chumphon at 19:10 and arriving in Bangkok at 05:40. We advise booking Train #174 in advance. There is no great advantage in waiting for a later train.
Connecting Trains from Chumphon to Bangkok
- Please Note: the services shaded in grey are not currently operating.
- It is not possible to catch any of the trains departing in the morning or afternoon on the same day as leaving Koh Tao.
Best Trains to take from Chumphon to Bangkok: #174 and #168
- Train #174 (19:10): 2nd class air-conditioned sleeper berths as well as 2nd class fan cooled sleeper berths are available on Train #174 but make sure you book in advance as everyone travelling from Koh Tao to Bangkok by train will want seats on the same train.
- Train #168 (20:01): The slightly later departure on Train #168 at 20:01 is a virtually identical service to Train #174 and is a good substitute if all the sleeper seats on Train #174 are already fully booked when you want to travel. During your time waiting for the train we recommend going for a meal at the excellent Papa Seafood restaurant on the approach road to the train station, a 36 metre walk from the station building.