The fastest and easiest way to travel from Surat Thani Railway Station to Koh Tao is take a joint bus and ferry service that departs from a pick up point in front of the train station and then travels all the way to Koh Tao.
Bus & Ferry Times from Surat Thani Railway Station to Koh Tao
There is currently 1 direct service a day from Surat Thani Railway Station to Koh Tao available to book online.
|Train Station||Koh Tao||Company||Ticket|
- The journey with the Lomprayah High Speed Ferry Company is scheduled to take 4 hours 45 minutes.
Buy Tickets from Surat Thani Railway Station to Koh Tao
Use the Search Box below to buy your tickets from Surat Thani Train Station to Koh Tao.
This is a journey of two stages:
- Bus: The first part of the journey is a 1 hour 20 minute ride to the ferry port at Donsak or if you are travelling with the Lomprayah company its only 30 minutes by bus to their new ferry terminal on the Tapee River 10 minutes to the north of Surat Thani city.
- Ferry: Ferry services from Surat Thani to Koh Tao all travel via Koh Samui with a short stop at each island for passengers to disembark and for new passengers to board the ferry.
Surat Thani Train Station
Surat Thani Railway station is 23 minutes drive away from in Surat Thani City, in Phunphin District. Fortunately for people going to Koh Tao there is one direct high speed ferry service in the morning timed to coincide with the arrival of several trains from Bangkok. It leaves from the car park in front of the station. There are some small restaurants in this area where you can eat breakfast or enjoy a coffee whilst you wait for your onward connection to Koh Tao. Free WiFi is available at these restaurants so you can check your e-mail while you wait for the bus.
Route Details from Surat Thani Railway Station to Koh Tao
- Total distance to Koh Tao: 186 kilometres
- Distance to Donsak ferry pier: 76.1 kilometres
- Distance by ferry from Donsak ferry pier to Koh Tao: 111 kilometres
Koh Tao Ferry Pier
The ferry arrives at Koh Tao’s main pier at Mae Haad. Sairee beach, where the main town is located, is close to Mae Haad pier. If you do need to take a taxi you will find shared pick up truck taxis and motorbike taxis waiting whenever a boat arrives. Alternatively for destinations in the north of island you might consider taking a boat-taxi of which there are many near Mae Haad pier.