There are three direct services a day from Surat Thani Train Station to Koh Tao.
Travel Times to Koh Tao
Travel times are from boarding the bus at Surat Thani train station to the time when the ferry arrives in Koh Tao.
|Train Station||Koh Tao||Company||Ticket|
|08:00||15:00||Seatran Discovery||700 THB|
- The journey the Seatran Discovery Company is scheduled to take 7 hours 30 minutes.
- The journey with the Songserm Company is scheduled to take 6 hours 30 minutes.
- The journey with the Lomprayah High Speed Ferry Company takes 6 hours 15 minutes.
Buy Tickets to Koh Tao
Use the Search Form below to buy your tickets from Surat Thani Train Station to Koh Tao.
This is a journey of two stages:
- Bus: The first part of the journey is a 1 hour 20 minute ride to the ferry port at Donsak or if you are travelling with the Lomprayah company its only 30 minutes by bus to their new ferry terminal on the Tapee River 10 minutes to the north of Surat Thani city.
- Ferry: On arrival at Donsak passengers with the Seatran Discovery Ferry have a sea crossing which lasts 4 hours. The sea crossing on the Lomprayah takes longer (5 hours 15 minutes) because passengers leave the ferry at the Koh Phangan and have a wait of over an hour for another Lomprayah ferry to arrive for the last stage of the journey to Koh Tao.
Surat Thani Train Station
Surat Thani Railway station is 23 minutes drive away from in Surat Thani City, in a small town called Phunphin. Fortunately for people going to Koh Tao there is one direct high speed ferry service in the morning timed to coincide with the arrival of several trains from Bangkok. It leaves from the car park in front of the station. There are some small restaurants in this area where you can eat breakfast or enjoy a coffee whilst you wait for your onward connection to Koh Tao. Free WiFi is available at these restaurants so you can check your e-mail while you wait for the bus.
Route Info to Koh Tao
- Total distance to Koh Tao: 186 kilometres
- Distance to Donsak ferry pier: 76.1 kilometres
- Distance by ferry from Donsak ferry pier to Koh Tao: 111 kilometres
Koh Tao Ferry Pier
The ferry arrives at Koh Tao’s main pier at Mae Haad. Sairee beach, where the main town is located, is close to Mae Haad pier. If you do need to take a taxi you will find shared pick up truck taxis and motorbike taxis waiting whenever a boat arrives. Alternatively for destinations in the north of island you might consider taking a boat-taxi of which there are many near Mae Haad pier.