Phatthalung Train Station is located 862.06 km from Bangkok Hua Lamphong Station on Thailand’s North Southern Line, the mainline of which terminates at Sungai Kolok.
Phatthalung Railway Station is located in the centre of the small town of Phhattaluang not far from Wat Khuha Sawan and Khuha Sawan Cave, which are the best known visitor attractions in the town centre.
Phatthalung Train Station
Phatthalung Railway Station was opened in 1913, although the station building has been rebuilt since that time and what stands now is made of concrete and not particularly attractive. You do, however, get a nice view of the Khao-Okthalu, a steep sided hill, from Platform 1.
Phatthalung Train Station is a Class 1 Railway Station with 2 platforms, 4 tracks and 22 trains passing through each day:
- 1 trains a day running each way on the Bangkok to Hat Yai route.
- 2 trains per day running each way on the Bangkok to Yala route.
- 2 trains per day running each way on the Bangkok to Sungai Kolok route.
- 1 train a day running each way on the Bangkok to Padang Besar route.
- 1 train a day running each way on the Chumphon to Hat Yai route.
- 1 train a day running each way on the Surat Thani to Sungai Kolok route.
- 1 train a day running each way on the Nakhon Si Thammarat to Sungai Kolok route.
- 1 train a day running each way on the Nakhon Si Thammarat to Yala route.
- 1 train a day running each way on the Phatthalung to Sungai Kolok route.
Facilities at Phatthalung Station
Phatthalung Railway Station gets relatively people coming for recreational visits and has few facilities to offer. There is no left luggage facility at Phatthalung Railway Station.
Phatthalung Railway Station has the following facilities:
- Toilets on platform 1.
- A cargo and parcels office on platform 1.
- A cluster of stalls selling drinks and snacks on platform 1.
Buying Tickets at the Station
The ticket office is located just inside the main entrance to the station building. There are 4 ticket windows although only one window ever appears to be staffed.
The ticket office is open prior to all departures. Tickets for ‘Ordinary’ train services from Phatthalung can only be purchased on the day of travel from the ticket booth in the station which is why it is open when ever trains are running.
Buy Tickets Online
Use the Search Box below to buy train tickets from Phatthalung to Bangkok online:
Train tickets from Phatthalung are not always available to purchase online, although you can always buy bus tickets online for travel from Phatthalung Bus Station, which is 6.1 km from Phatthalung Railway Station.
Transport at Phatthalung Station
The only forms of local public transport which are available in Phattahalung are motorbike taxis and shared taxis. Motorbike taxis wait for passengers in front of the entrance to Phatthalung Railway Station. Motorbike taxis are cheap in Phatthalung. The normal fare from Phatthalung Railway Station to Phatthalung Bus Station is 50 to 60 THB depending upon your negotiation skills and the time of day or night you want to travel.
Train Times to Bangkok
There are 5 direct train services a day from Phatthalung to Bangkok.
- Check ticket availability from Phatthalung to Bangkok.
Train Times to Hat Yai
There are 10 direct train services a day from Phatthalung to Hat Yai.
|Train No.||Phatthalung||Hat Yai||Service|