Taking account of the frequent delays it generally takes between 5 hours 30 minutes and 6 hours 30 minutes to travel 255 km by train from Aranyaprathet to Bangkok. For this reason most people travelling this route choose to take a bus, rather than a train, from Aranyaprathet to Bangkok, which rarely takes more than 5 hours 30 minutes to reach Bangkok.
Trains Times to Bangkok
There are 2 direct train services a day from Aranyaprathet to Bangkok.
- The fastest train service from Aranyaprathet to Bangkok is Train #276 departing at 13:55 and scheduled to arrive at Bangkok Railway Station 4 hours 45 minutes later at 19:40.
- Train #280 is the slower of the two daily train services from Aranyaprthet to Bangkok, scheduled to complete the journey in 5 hours 25 minutes.
Buy Tickets to Bangkok
Use the Search Box below to buy travel tickets from Aranyaprathet to Bangkok:
You can also purchase bus tickets from Aranyaprathet to Bangkok through the Search Box above. Train tickets need to be purchased at the Train Station on the day of travel. The only seat type available on both services from Aranyaprathet to Bangkok is a 3rd Class Fan Cooled seat, which many people will find uncomfortable after a hours in the journey.
Location of Aranyaprathet Train Station
- Train services to Bangkok depart from Aranyaprathet Railway Station, which is currently the closest operational train station to the Thailand/Cambodia border.
Location of Bangkok Train Station
- Trains services from Aranyaprathet terminate at Bangkok Railway Station which is located in Bangkok’s China Town district.
Travel in Bangkok
Bangkok Train Station is the final stop for Bangkok’s underground train line, known as the MRT. There is an entrance to Hua Lamphong MRT station by the side entrance to the main station building near to the official taxi rank for the station. The MRT runs through the city northwards and terminates at Tao Poon MRT Station to the west of Bang Sue Train Station. You can also connect from the MRT to the BTS (skytrain network) at Silom, Asok and Mo Chit MRT Stations, and join the Airport Link to Suvarnabhumi Airport at Petchaburi MRT Station.
For destinations not connected to the MRT and BTS mass transit networks you have four alternative options:
- Bus: Bus services depart from bus stops outside Bangkok Train Station with services to most parts of the city. However, we advise against using the bus services unless you are on a very tight and have lots of time as Bangkok buses move very slowly.
- Tuk-Tuk: Unfortunately the tuk-tuks waiting outside Bangkok Train Station are generally poor value for money. Only use them for very short trips into nearby areas in China Town, for which you should pay around 60 THB although you may be asked for a lot more. Agree a price before you set off.
- Meter Taxi: If you get a meter taxi from the official taxi rank in front of the side entrance to Hua Lamphong you will get to your destination In Bangkok a lot more cheaply than by taking a tuk-tuk. Meter taxi are a good option if your are travelling from Bangkok Train Station to the Khao San Road on a hot day with heavy baggage, and especially if you have young children.
- Riverboat: For those people who can walk 1.2 km from Bangkok Train Station to the nearest Chao Phraya Express Boat Pier (Marine Department Pier No. 4) they have option of travelling very cheaply by boat to other parts of the city. Chao Phraya Express Boat services depart frequently in daylight hours and travelling to piers situation along the banks of the river which runs through the centre Of Bangkok. For most journeys tickets cost only 15 to 20 THB per person, tickets purchased on the boat. All Chao Phraya Express Boat services stop at Phra Arthit Pier (Pier No. 13) which is walking distance from the Khao San Road, making the Chao Phraya Express Boat the cheapest way to travel from Bangkok Station to the Khao San Road except of course for walking.