The train is a good option for travel from Chumphon to Hat Yai, with most of the train services travelling overnight allowing passengers the opportunity to book a sleeper seat and arrive early in the morning in Hat Yai for onward travel to Malaysia or other destinations in the South of Thailand. Most train services take over 7 hours to travel from Chumphon to Hat Yai.
Train Times from Chumphon to Hat Yai
There are currently 4 direct train services a day from Chumphon to Hat Yai.
- The fastest service from Chumphon to Hat Yai is Train #41, departing at 07:12, which is scheduled to complete the journey from Chumphon to Hat Yai in 6 hours 10 minutes.
- The slowest service from Chumphon to Hat Yai is Train #171, departing at 22:10, which is scheduled to reach Hat Yai 10 hours 24 minutes after departing from Chumphon.
- The most comfortable train from Chumphon to Hat Yai is Train #31 departing from Chumphon at 23:19 which uses the new style of train carriage.
Buy Tickets from Chumphon to Hat Yai
Use the Search Box below to buy your train tickets from Chumphon to Hat Yai.
- At certain times of the year train tickets from Chumphon to Hat Yai are not available to book online. In which case you either need to book one of the bus services which are available through the Search Box above or alternatively make your booking at a train station in Thailand.
Location of Chumphon Train Station
- See more information about Chumphon Railway Station
Location of Hat Yai Train Station
- See more information about Hat Yai Railway Station
Travel from Hat Yai
For travel to Malaysia you have three options:
- Flight: There are regular flights to Kuala Lumpur and Penang from Hat Yai Airport.
- Train: Take one of the train services from Hat Yai to Padang Besar in Malaysia (07:30, 07:58 and 14:00) and from there take a Malaysian train service to destinations such as Penang, Ipoh and Kuala Lumpur.
- Bus: Hat Yai Bus Station is 2.9 km from Hat Yai Train Station. From the bus station you take a minivan to the border at Padang Besar or a direct service to both Penang and Kuala Lumpur. Alternatively you take a minivan to Sungai Kolok and cross the border on the East Coast near Kota Bharu.
You can also take direct bus and ferry services from outside the train station to popular beach destinations on the Andaman Coast. Click to see more information about travel from: