By train the journey from Ban Krut to Chumphon is scheduled to take from 1 hours 39 minutes to 2 hours 30 minutes depending upon which train you take.
Trains Times to Chumphon
There are 7 daily train services from Ban Krut to Chumphon.
|Train||Ban Krut||Chumphon||Service Type|
- The fastest train from Ban Krut to Chumphon is Train #39/41 departing from Ban Krut at 05:23 and arriving 1 hours 39 minutes later in Chumphon at 07:02.
- The slowest train is Train #255 departing from Ban Krut at 16:21 and arriving in Chumphon at 18:51, a scheduled journey time of 2 hours 30 minutes.
Buy Train Tickets to Chumphon
Use the Search Box below to buy your train tickets from Ban Krut to Chumphon:
Sleeper berths are available on all trains except for Train #43 departing at 14:46 and Train #39/41 departing at 05:23. You also cannot transport large items, such as bicycles, on Train #43 or Train #39/41.
Ticket Prices to Chumphon
It costs between 30 THB and 50 THB extra to buy a train ticket from Ban Krut to Chumphon online through the Search Box above than it does to buy the same ticket at a train station in Thailand.
|Seat Type||Online Price||Station Price|
|2nd Class A/C Sleeper||463 THB||413 THB|
|2nd Class AC Seat||407 THB||363 THB|
|2nd Class Fan Seat||113 THB||83 THB|
|3rd Class Fan Seat||83 THB||53 THB|
If you want to travel in one of the more comfortable seat types, particular a 2nd Class AC Sleeper Seat or a 2nd Class AC Seat, then it is worth paying more to book online as these seat types often sell out before the day of travel.
Ban Krut Train Station
- Ban Krut Railway Station is 2.2 km by road from Ban Krut beach.
Chumphon Railway Station
- Read more about Chumphon Railway Station.
About Travel to Chumphon
Chumphon town is not a popular tourist destination in its own right. Chumphon is place with an authentic Southern Thai atmosphere and a town centre population of around 35,000 permanent residents. The main industry in the surrounding area is agriculture and by day the town centre becomes very busy with people buying and selling fruit and vegetables. Other than the railway station, which will be interesting to railway enthusiasts because of the steam engines and traditional railway staff houses on the approach road, Chumphon town has no tourist attractions. This said, the main road leading from the railway station, the Krumluang Chumphon Road, has lots of night time food stalls serving a spectacular array of traditional Southern Thai dishes. For visitors planning to stay over night we recommend the Euro Boutique Hotel, which is 850 metres walking distance from Chumphon Railway Station.
The main reason that most foreign visitors come to Chumphon is to travel onward to either the local beaches. some of which are very good and not very busy, or to Koh Tao, which is Thailand’s most popular diving centre. There are three ferry services you can take from Chumphon to Koh Tao, all of which sell ‘joint tickets’ which include a bus transfer from the railway station to the ferry pier:
- Night Boat: There are two different night boat services running on alternate nights. Both services leave from Tha Yang Pier, about 7 km outside the town centre, at 23:00 and arrive in Koh Tao at around 05:30.
- Songserm: This once a day service leaves from Mattapon Pier, 17.7 km by road to the south east of Chumphon Town, at 07:00 and takes 2 hours 30 minutes to reach Koh Tao.
- Lomprayah High Speed Ferry: This twice a day service at departs at 07:00 and 13:00 departs from Ao Thung Makham Noi Pier, 27.5 km by road to the south of Chumphon Town, and takes 1 hour 45 minutes to reach Koh Tao.