By train the journey from Ban Krut to Surat Thani is scheduled to take from 4 to 5 hours depending upon which service you take.
Trains Times to Surat Thani
There are 6 daily train services from Ban Krut to Surat Thani.
|Train||Ban Krut||Surat Thani||Service Type|
- The fastest train from Ban Krut to Surat Thani is Train #39/41 departing from Ban Krut at 05:23 and arriving 4 hours 02 minutes later in Surat Thani at 09:25.
- The slowest train is Train #171 departing from Ban Krut at 20:35 and arriving in Surat Thani at 01:33, a scheduled journey time of 4 hours 58 minutes.
Buy Train Tickets to Surat Thani
Use the Search Box below to buy your train tickets from Ban Krut to Surat Thani:
There are several train stations in Surat Thani Province, the main one nearest Surat Thani City is referred to as ‘Surat Thani Train Station’.
Ticket Prices to Surat Thani
It costs from 30 THB to 60 THB more to buy a train ticket from Ban Krut to Surat Thani online through the Search Box above than it does to buy the same ticket from a train station in Thailand.
|Seat Type||Online Price||Station Price|
|2nd Class A/C Sleeper||559 THB||499 THB|
|2nd Class AC Seat||480 THB||429 THB|
|2nd Class Fan Seat||199 THB||169 THB|
|3rd Class Fan Seat||132 THB||102 THB|
If you plan to travel in an air-conditioned seat or sleeper berth we recommend booking in advance on online. Tickets for these seat types are not always available on the day of travel particularly during the high season on the Gulf of Thailand or Thai public holidays.
Ban Krut Train Station
- Ban Krut Railway Station is 2.2 km by road from Ban Krut beach.
Surat Thani Railway Station
- Read more about Surat Thani Railway Station.
About Travel to Surat Thani
Surat Thani Railway Station is inconveniently located 16 km away from Surat Thani City in Phunphin. There are two ways to travel from the railway station into the city centre:
- Taxi: Near to the entrance of the ticket hall to Surat Thani Railway Station is a taxi rank with fares printed on a large sign. The 2021 price for a taxi from Surat Thani Railway Station into the city centre is 140 THB. Make sure you confirm the price with the driver before setting off.
- Bus: A regular bus service departs during daylight hours from the car park in front of Platform 1. This orange coloured bus is slow, taking 50 minutes to get to Surat Thani city centre, but it is very cheap costing 18 THB per person which you pay on the bus.
Surat Thani City itself does not have much of interest for most foreign visitors. Surat Thani has good hotels and some interesting night markets but no major tourist attractions, The main reason most tourists come to Surat Thani is to take a ferry to Koh Samui or Koh Phangan. If this is your reason for travelling to Surat Thani then we recommend that you avoid going into Surat Thani City altogether and instead go for the much quicker option of taking a direct service from the railway station to either Koh Samui to Koh Phangan. Follow the links below for travel times and to book tickets:
- Read more about travel from Surat Thani Railway Station to Koh Samui
- Read more about travel from Surat Thani Railway Station to Koh Phangan