By train the journey from Chaiya to Bangkok is scheduled to take from around 10 to 13 hours depending upon which train you take and any delays.
Train Times from Chaiya to Bangkok
There are 7 direct train services a day from Chaiya to Bangkok.
- The fastest service from Chaiya to Bangkok is Train #40, departing at 10:53, scheduled to complete the journey to Bangkok in 9 hours 37 minutes.
- The slowest service from Chaiya to Bangkok is Train #172, departing at 21:52, which is scheduled to reach Bangkok 12 hours 38 minutes after departing from Chaiya.
Buy Tickets from Chaiya to Bangkok
Use the Search Box below to buy your train tickets from Chaiya to Bangkok.
After booking your tickets will be sent to you by e-mail. You can either print out the tickets yourself or show them to the conductor on a mobile phone or tablet or laptop screen.
Ticket Prices from Chaiya to Bangkok
Train tickets from Chaiya to Bangkok purchased online cost 32 to 260 THB more than they do purchased at a train station in Thailand.
|Seat Type||Online Price||Station Price|
|2nd Class A/C Sleeper||818 to 1,044 THB||714 to 754 THB|
|2nd Class A/C Seat||686 THB||594 THB|
|2nd Class Fan Sleeper||576 THB||544 THB|
|2nd Class Fan Seat||411 to 455 THB||344 to 384 THB|
|3rd Class Fan Seat||254 to 455 THB||211 to 251 THB|
The advantage of paying more to book online is that you can guarantee to get the seat type you want on the train that is most convenient for you. Certain seat types, particularly 1st and 2nd Class air-conditioned sleeper seats, often sell out in advance of the day of travel especially at busy times such as after the monthly Full Moon Party in Koh Phangan when many of the party goers travel back to Bangkok via the ferry ports in Surat Thani further to the south on the Southern Railway Line.
Location of Chaiya Railway Station
Location of Bangkok Railway Station
- From the 19th January 2023 the main railway station in Bangkok is Krung Thep Aphiwat Central Terminal Station (also known as Bang Sue Grand Station).
Things to do near Bangkok Railway Station
Bangkok’s former main train, Hua Lamphong Railway Station, is still open and very interesting to visit. Hua Lamphong Railway Station is located in Bangkok’s China Town district, which is one of the most interesting and diverse parts of the city. If you have some time waiting at Hua Lamphong Railway Station to take a train, or perhaps for your hotel to allow you to check in after an early morning arrival, we recommend that you leave your bags in the left luggage office at the train station and set out on foot to visit some of the nearby attractions.
There are lots of places to visit within easy walking distance of Bangkok Hua Lamphong Railway Station, the four activities we particularly recommend are:
- Visiting Wat Traimit: Only 450 metres walking distance away from Hua Lamphong Railway Station, Wat Traimit houses the world’s largest solid gold statue of the Lord Buddha weighing 5,500 kg. The statue is located on the top floor of an impressive pyramidal building called a ‘mondop’ from the top of which there are panoramic views of Bangkok.
- Visit Wat Mangkon Kamalawat: 1.2 km walking distance from Hua Lamphong Railway Station, Wat Mangkon Kamalawat is the city’s main Chinese Buddhist temple which features distinctive Chinese style statues of the Lord Buddha with a main prayer hall were monks lead the faithful in prayer throughout the day.
- Shopping at Sampeng Lane Market: 1.3 km walking distance from Hua Lamphong Railway Station, Sampeng Lane Market is a very old market on a long thin alley selling a wide range of products. This is not a tourist market and it is often crammed full of local shoppers seeking bargains.
- Cruise the River on a Chao Phraya Express Boat: At the Marine Department Pier, 1.2 km walking distance from Hua Lamphong Railway Station, you can board a Chao Phraya Express Boat service which costs from around 8 to 20 THB on regular services for trips along the main river in Bangkok. Stops include Phra Arthit (near the Khao San Road), Tha Tien (near the Grand Palace) and Sathorn where can connect with the BTS overhead railway service for travel to Siam Square and the Sukhumvit Road.