By train the journey from Chumphon to Sungai Kolok is scheduled to take from 11 to 12 hours depending upon which train you take.
Train Times from Chumphon to Sungai Kolok
There are 2 daily direct train services from Chumphon to Sungai Kolok.
- The fastest service is Train #37, departing at 01:22 and scheduled to complete the journey from Chumphon to Sungai Kolok in 11 hours 08 minutes.
- The slowest service is Train #171, departing at 06:15 and scheduled to reach Sungai Kolok 12 hours 07 minutes after departing from Chumphon.
Buy Tickets from Chumphon to Sungai Kolok
Use the Search Box below to buy your train tickets from Chumphon to Sungai Kolok.
Location of Chumphon Railway Station
- See more information about Chumphon Train Station
Location of Sungai Kolok Railway Station
- See more information about Sungai Kolok Train Station
About Travel to Sungai Kolok
Sungai Kolok Railway Station is located 1.4 km from the border with Malaysia, and most visitors to Sungai Kolok are either travelling from Thailand to Malaysia, or from Malaysia to Thailand. Sungai Kolok is noticeably different to the majority of other towns in the deep south of Thailand in that it has a good range of hotels and some lively bars which carry on late into the evening. Visitors come to the town from Malaysia for a night out to enjoy the more liberal attitude to alcohol and other vices than is found in the morally conservative neighbouring state of Kelantan across the border in Malaysia. If you do plan to spend a night in Sungai Kolok then the liveliest part of the town to visit at night is the Chuanmakkha Road, which is also the location of our recommended value money place to stay in Sungai Kolok, the Merlin Hotel.
The closest major town in Malaysia to Sungai Kolok is Kota Bharu, capital city of Kelantan State. Kota Bharu is a lively town with good facilities, including a Thai Consulate where you can apply for a visa, it is not however a destination of interest in its own right for the vast majority of foreign visitors. Kota Bharu has an airport, two busy stations and a passenger train station a few kilometres away in Wakaf Bharu. From Kota Bharu you can take a train all the way down to the crossing to Singapore, or a direct long distance bus to Kuala Lumpur, or a local bus to the speed boat pier for transfers to the Perhentian Islands. After you cross the border from Sungai Kolok into Malaysia you have two options for travelling to Kota Bharu:
- Local Bus: Costs only 5 Malaysian Ringgit but takes 80 minutes, longer during the morning rush hour.
- Taxi: Costs 60 Malaysian Ringgit but takes only 40 minutes, and if you are heading to the Thai Consulate taking a taxi saves you the long walk there from the bus station.