You can travel direct by train from the railway station adjacent to Don Mueang Airport to Khon Kaen. The journey is scheduled to take from 6 to 8 hours depending on the train.
Train Times from Don Mueang to Khon Kaen
There are 4 direct train services a day from Don Mueang Airport to Khon Kaen.
- Please note: The services shaded in grey are not currently operating.
|Don Mueang||Khon Kaen||Service||Train|
- Fastest Train: The fastest service is Train #75, departing at 09:05, which is scheduled to complete the journey from Don Mueang Airport Railway Station to Khon Kaen in 6 hours 27 minutes.
- Slowest Train: The slowest train services is Train #133, departing at 21:31, scheduled to arrive in Khon Kaen 7 hours 51 minutes after departing from Don Mueang Airport Railway Station.
Buy Tickets from Don Mueang to Khon Kaen
Use the Search Box below to buy your train tickets from Don Mueang Airport to Khon Kaen.
Sometimes train tickets from Don Mueang Railway Station to Khon Kaen are not available to book online. The way around this problem is to book a ticket from Bangkok Hua Lamphong Railway Station to Khon Kaen instead. The ticket price is only slightly more expensive. Bangkok Hua Lamphong Railway Station is a few stops before Don Mueang and you won’t be penalised for boarding the train at Don Mueang instead of at Bangkok Hua Lamphong.
Location of Don Mueang Airport Railway Station
- See more information about Don Mueang Airport Railway Station
Location of Khon Kaen Railway Station
- Khon Kaen’s newly rebuilt railway station is conveniently located in the centre of the city.
About Travel to Khon Kaen
With a city centre population of over 100,000 Khon Kaen is one of the 4 large city’s in Thailand North Eastern Region. Khon Kaen is not particularly popular with foreign visitors although it does have an excellent range of restaurants, bars and hotels, the best of which is the Hotel Pullman Khon Kaen Raja Orchid. If you are looking for nightlife in the city then head towards the Hotel Pullman Khon Kaen Raja Orchid as the liveliest bars and restaurants are all clustered in the streets around this landmark hotel.
The places you might want to visit on trip to Khon Kaen are:
- City Pillar Shrine: Architecturally and culturally interesting building with a garden where films are often shown on large screen for the locals.
- Khon Kaen National Museum: Eclectic collection of locally found artefacts and some items taken from Ban Chiang near Udon Thani. The highlight of the museum is the interesting collection of structural decorative components of very old temples collected from locations across the North Eastern Region.
- Bueng Kaen Nakhon: This is Khon Kaen’s massive city centre lake with a park around it.
- Wat Nong Waeng: This Royal Temple has a 9 storey stupa which you can go inside. The temple has statues and religious relics inside and you get a good view over the city from the top floor.