Chumphon is the connection point between the Thai Railway Network and ferry services to Koh Tao. By train the journey from Hua Hin to Chumphon takes from around 4 to 6 hours depending on delays and which train you take.
Train Times from Hua Hin to Chumphon
There are 9 direct train services a day from Hua Hin to Chumphon.
- The fastest train service from Hua Hin to Chumphon is Train #43 departing from Hua Hin at 12:09 and scheduled to arrive in Chumphon 4 hours 17 minutes later.
- The slowest service is Train #167 departing at 23:39 which is scheduled to complete the journey between Hua Hin and Chumphon in 5 hours 16 minutes.
Buy Tickets from Hua Hin to Chumphon
Use the Search Box below to buy your train tickets from Hua Hin to Chumphon.
- Tickets for Ordinary Train services are only available for purchase on the day of travel from the train station where your journey commences.
Ticket Prices from Hua Hin to Chumphon
|Seat Type||Online Price||Station Price|
|2nd Class A/C Sleeper||575 to 927 THB||493 to 793 THB|
|2nd Class A/C Seat||498 THB||423 THB|
|2nd Class Fan Sleeper||377 THB||363 THB|
|2nd Class Fan Seat||212 to 322 THB||163 to 263 THB|
|3rd Class Fan Seat||131 to 241 THB||99 to 199 THB|
Location of Hua Hin Railway Station
- For more information about Hua Hin Railway Station click on the link in red.
Location of Chumphon Railway Station
- For more information about Chumphon Railwway Station click on the link in red.
About Travel to Koh Tao
By far the easiest and most comfortable way to travel from Chumphon to Koh Tao is by taking a Lomprayah High Speed Catamaran service from Thung Makham Noi Ferry Pier, which is located 27.5 km by road from Chumphon Railway Station. Lomprayah High Speed Catamaran services depart every day, weather permitting, at 07:00, 13:00 and 15:00 and the sailing time to reach Koh Tao is 1 hour 45 minutes. You could travel by taxi from Chumphon Railway Station to Thung Makham Noi Ferry Pier, however, a cheaper option is to book a joint bus and ferry service from Chumphon town centre all the way through to Koh Tao.
If you miss the Lomprayah High Speed Ferry Service and you don’t want to spend a night in Chumphon, or you simply want to save money, you could also take the Night Boat over to Koh Tao. The Night Boat departs at 22:00 and arrives in Koh Tao early the next morning at around 04:00. The Night Boat is a converted fishing boat with bunk beds for passengers to sleep in, or more accurately attempt to sleep in as the cabin is often uncomfortably hot and noisy. The Night Boat departs from a pier on the Tha Thahap river, approximately 10 km away from Chumphon Railway Station. There are several tour companies which operate joint bus and ferry tickets for this service departing at 20:00 to 21:00 from in front of Chumphon Railway Station.