By train the journey from Hua Hin to Hat Yai is scheduled to take from 11 to 13 hours depending upon which train you take. All train services on this route travel overnight so booking a sleeper berth is advisable.
Train Times to Hat Yai
There 5 daily direct train services a day from Hua Hin to Hat Yai.
|Train||Hua Hin||Hat Yai||Service|
- The fastest train service from Hua Hin to Hat Yai is Train #41 departing from Hua Hin at 02:18 and scheduled to arrive in Hat Yai 11 hours 04 minutes later.
- The slowest service is Train #169 departing at 20:38 scheduled to complete the journey between Hua Hin and Hat Yai in 13 hours 14 minutes.
Buy Tickets to Hat Yai
Use the Search Box below to buy your train tickets from Hua Hin to Hat Yai.
Tickets purchased through the Search Box above can either be picked up on the day of travel from the Cargo and Parcel Office at Hua Hin Railway Station or sent by post. The Cargo and Parcel Office is open 24 hours a day and is located inside the railway station itself.
Ticket Prices to Hat Yai
|Seat Type||Online Price||Station Price|
|1st Class A/C Sleeper||1,677 to 1,877 THB||1,427 to 1,627 THB|
|2nd Class A/C Sleeper||999 to 1,279 THB||749 to 1,029 THB|
|2nd Class Fan Sleeper||829 THB||579 THB|
Booking online costs 250 THB more than buying a ticket at a train station in Thailand, however, the advantage of booking online is that can guarantee the seat type of your choice on the train which suits you best.
Location of Hua Hin Station
Read more about Hua Hin Railway Station.
Location of Hat Yai Station
Read more about Hat Yai Junction Railway Station.
About Travel from Hat Yai
Hat Yai is a major travel hub for destinations across Southern Thailand. Travelling down overnight on the train means passengers arrive in the morning in good time for onward connections to popular beach destinations in the lower south of the country. To travel eastward to the nearby resort of Songkhla head to Hat Yai Bus Station, 2.9 km from Hat Yai Junction Railway Station, to board one of the regular minivan services which take only 35 minutes to reach Songkhla Bus Station, in the south of Songkhla town. For travel to Koh Lipe we recommend that you take one of the joint bus and ferry services which travel direct from Hat Yai Railway Station to Koh Lipe. Depending on the season there are from 3 to 8 different services you can book, all of which take 5 to 6 hours and involve travelling by road to Pak Bara Pier and from there by speed boat transfer to Koh Lipe.
Hat Yai Railway Station is also a good point to alight from the train for travel to Malaysia. There is only one train a day which travels all the way from Hua Hin to Padang Besar in Malaysia, so you may find it necessary to travel by road from Hat Yai to Malaysia.
- For travel to the nearest railway station in Malaysia (Padang Besar Railway Station) there is a minivan service to the Thai side of the border which departs frequently from Hat Yai Bus Station. The journey takes only 50 minutes and costs 50 THB. You can take a motorbike taxi all the way from the Thai side of the border through to Padang Besar Railway Station in Malaysia for only 100 THB.
- For travel to Langkawi we recommend taking a minivan from Hat Yai Bus Station to Satun Bus Station and from there taking a taxi to Tammalang Pier from where there are twice daily ferries across to Langkawi. Minivan services to Satun Bus Station depart about once an hour when they are full. The journey takes around 90 minutes and costs only 50 THB per person.
- For travel to Penang or Kuala Lumpur you can take private minivan or tour bus from Hat Yai. These services mostly depart from the city centre east walking distance from Hat Yai Railway Station.