Phetchaburi is located on Thailand’s Southern Railway Line which runs from Bangkok, via Phetchaburi and Surat Thani, to Sungai Kolok in the far south of Thailand. Surat Thani is the closest railway station to the ferry ports for Koh Samui and Koh Phangan making train travel from Phetchaburi to Surat Thani a popular option for people travelling to these islands. Inexpensive sleeper berths are available on most of the trains from Phetchaburi to Surat Thani allowing passengers to arrive in the morning in time to catch direct bus services from Surat Thani railway station to one of the ports in Donsak for ferries to Koh Samui and Koh Phangan.
Train Times from Phetchaburi to Surat Thani
There 10 daily direct train services from Phetchaburi to Surat Thani.
- Please note: The services shaded in grey are not currently operating.
- The fastest train service from Phetchaburi to Surat Thani is Train #43 departing from Phetchaburi at 11:01 and scheduled to arrive in Surat Thani 7 hours 49 minutes later.
- The slowest service is Train #167 departing at 22:17 scheduled to complete the journey between Phetchaburi and Surat Thani in 9 hours 30 minutes.
Buy Tickets from Phetchaburi to Surat Thani
Use the Search Box below to buy your train tickets from Phetchaburi to Surat Thani.
The best train service to take from Phetchaburi to Surat Thani is Train #173 departing at 21:41. The scheduled arrival time of 06:55 is convenient because even if the train is slightly delayed you arrival in time to catch one of the direct bus and ferry services running from the train station to Koh Samui, Koh Phangan, Krabi, Koh Phi Phi and Koh Lanta. The fast day time train (Train #43) arrives too late at Surat Thani to take any ferry, except for the uncomfortable Night Boat, to the islands on the same day.
Ticket Prices from Phetchaburi to Surat Thani
|Seat Type||Online Price||Station Price|
|2nd Class A/C Sleeper||920 THB||650 THB|
Booking online costs 270 THB more than buying a ticket at the station, however, during busy periods it is often not possible to buy a ticket for a sleeper berth on the day of travel so paying extra to book online makes sense if you have a fixed travel schedule.
Location of Phetchaburi Railway Station
Location of Surat Thani Railway Station
Travel from Surat Thani
Surat Thani train station is located in the town of Phunphin, which is 16 km away from Surat Thani city. There are two ways to travel from Surat Thani train station to Surat Thani town: 1. By Taxi, which costs 140 THB if you take a taxi from the rank in front of the station. 2. By public bus, which also departs from in front of the train station and costs 18 THB per person to get into Surat Thani city.
Because of the relatively long distance from the train station to the city centre bus station, Surat Thani train station has become a travel hub in its own right with lots of direct services running form the car park to the left hand side of the station building as you leave the train to popular beach destinations across Southern Thailand. If you are arriving in Surat Thani by train we recommend that you simply travel direct from the train station to your final destination rather than first going into Surat Thani city and travelling onward from there. For more information see the travel guides below:
- Surat Thani Train Station to Phang Nga
- Surat Thani Train Station to Koh Phangan
- Surat Thani Train Station to Phuket
- Surat Thani Train Station to Krabi
- Surat Thani Train Station to Koh Samui
- Surat Thani Train Station to Khao Sok National Park
- Surat Thani Train Station to Koh Lanta
- Surat Thani Train Station to Koh Tao
- Surat Thani Train Station to Koh Phi Phi