By train the journey from Bang Saphan Yai to Surat Thani is scheduled to take from 4 to 5 hours depending upon which train you take.
Train Times from Bang Saphan Yai to Surat Thani
There are 9 direct train services a day from Bang Saphan Yai to Surat Thani.
- Please Note: The services shaded in grey are not currently operating.
|Train||Bang Saphan Yai||Surat Thani||Service|
- The fastest service is the 15:04 departure on Train #43, which is scheduled to complete the journey in 3 hours 46 minutes.
- The slowest services are the 21:00 departure on Train #171 and the 00:11 departure on Train #169 which are both scheduled to complete the journey in 4 hours 33 minutes.
Buy Tickets from Bang Saphan Yai to Surat Thani
Use the Search Box below to buy your train tickets from Bang Saphan Yai to Surat Thani:
Ticket Prices to Surat Thani
Tickets from Bang Saphan Yai to Surat Thani purchased in advance online are 30 THB to 121 THB more expensive than train tickets purchased at a train station in Thailand.
|Seat Type||Online Price||Station Price|
|1st Class A/C Sleeper||1,127 THB||1,006 THB|
|2nd Class A/C Sleeper||552 THB||437 THB|
|2nd Class Fan Seats||193 to 295 THB||163 to 263 THB|
|3rd Class Fan Seats||129 to 229 THB||99 to 199 THB|
Booking in advance is recommend particularly for 1st and 2nd Class seat types as these often sell out in advance of the day of travel.
Location of Bang Saphan Yai Railway Station
Surat Thani Railway Station
See more information about Surat Thani Train Station.
About Travel to Surat Thani
Surat Thani Railway Station is located 16 km by road to the west of Surat Thani city centre. There are two ways to travel from Surat Thani Railway Station to Surat Thani city centre:
- Public Bus: Distinctive orange coloured buses run from Surat Thani Railway Station into Surat Thani city centre. They depart from the car park outside the station in front of Platform 1. These servies regularly during daylight hours and take 40 to 50 minutes to reach Surat Thani city depending on the traffic. The fare is 15 THB payable to the conductor on the bus.
- Taxi: To the side of the booking hall there is a taxi rank. On the edge of the roof above the taxi drivers’ shelter is sign giving the prices. The cost of a ride in a taxi to Surat Thani city centre is currently 140 THB.
If you are planning to travel to popular destinations (such as Koh Samui, Koh Phangan, Phuket and Krabi) you can take a service direct from Surat Thani. For more information follow the links below to find out how to travel from:
- Surat Thani Railway Station to Koh Phangan
- Surat Thani Railway Station to Koh Samui
- Surat Thani Railway Station to Koh Tao
- Surat Thani Railway Station to Ao Nang
- Surat Thani Railway Station to Koh Phi Phi
- Surat Thani Railway Station to Phuket
- Surat Thani Railway Station to Krabi
- Surat Thani Railway Station to Koh Lanta
- Surat Thani Railway Station to Khao Sok
- Surat Thani Railway Station to Railay
- Surat Thani Railway Station to Ratchaprapha Dam