By train the journey from Chumphon to Surat Thani is scheduled to take from 2 to 3 hours depending upon which train you take. If you are planning to travel to Surat Thani Airport a better option is to take a direct minivan service from Chumphon, which are also available to book online using the Search Box below.
Train Times from Chumphon to Surat Thani
There are currently 9 train services a day from Chumphon to Surat Thani.
- The fastest service is Train #43, departing at 14:05, which is scheduled to complete the journey from Chumphon to Surat Thani in 2 hours 15 minutes.
- The slowest service is Train #171, departing at 22:34, which is scheduled to reach Surat Thani 2 hours 34 minutes after departing from Chumphon.
Buy Tickets from Chumphon to Surat Thani
Use the Search Box below to buy your train tickets from Chumphon to Surat Thani.
Location of Chumphon Railway Station
- See more information about Chumphon Railway Station
Location of Surat Thani Railway Station
- See more information about Surat Thani Railway Station
About Travel to Surat Thani
Surat Thani City is not a particularly popular tourist destination in its own right. This relatively new city has few points of interest for visitors, although it does have good amenities such as a wide range of affordable hotels and some lively night markets.
The reason most tourists come to Surat Thani is because it is a travel hub for other destinations in Thailand. In particular Surat Thani Province has several ferry piers and ports with services to and from the popular islands of Koh Samui and Koh Phangan, as well as less frequent services to emerging destinations such as Koh Phaluai.
If you are arriving into Surat Thani by train bear in mind that the train station is 16 km from the city centre. Your best option for onward travel to Koh Samui and Koh Phangan is therefore to take a direct joint bus and ferry from right outside the front of the train station rather than wasting time taking a bus or taxi into the city centre to start your journey. For more information follow the links below:
Surat Thani is also the closest place on the Thai railway network to the popular and very beautiful Khao Sok National Park. There are two access points to the park, one by boat and on the other on foot, and you can reach both direct from Surat Thani Railway Station:
- Surat Thani Railway Station to Ratchaprapha Dam (boat access to the park)
- Surat Thani Railway Station to Khao Sok National Park (Western entrance accessible on foot)
Surat Thani is also the closest point on the Thai railway network to a number of popular destinations on the West Coast of Thailand, and there are bus services that leave directly from outside the railway station that will take you there:
- Surat Thani Railway Station to Phuket
- Surat Thani Railway Station to Krabi
- Surat Thani Railway Station to Koh Phi Phi