By train the journey from Nakhon Sawan to Bangkok is scheduled to takes from 3 to 4 hours depending upon which train service you use.
Train Times from Nakhon Sawan to Bangkok
There are 7 direct train services a day from Nakhon Sawan to Bangkok.
- Fastest Train: Train #8 departing at 16:22 is scheduled to complete the journey from Nakhon Sawan to Bangkok in 2 hours 33 minutes.
- Slowest Train: Train #102 departing at 15:56 is scheduled to complete the journey from Nakhon Sawan to Bangkok in 4 hours 29 minutes.
Buy Tickets from Nakhon Sawan to Bangkok
Use the Search Box below to buy your train tickets from Nakhon Sawan to Bangkok.
After booking your ticket you will be sent your tickets by e-mail. Once on board the train you will need to show your tickets to the conductor so that they scan the QR code. The State Railway of Thailand accepts both tickets printed out and tickets displayed on a phone or computer screen.
Ticket Prices from Nakhon Sawan to Bangkok
Train tickets purchased online for the journey from Nakhon Sawan to Bangkok are 30 THB to 146 THB more expensive than tickets purchased from a train station in Thailand.
|1st Class A/C Sleeper
|1,163 to 1,364 THB
|1,038 to 1,218 THB
|2nd Class A/C Sleeper
|571 to 907 THB
|510 to 810 THB
|2nd Class Fan Seat
|3rd Class Fan Seat
If you would like to travel in an air-conditioned 1st Class or 2nd Class sleeper berth we recommend that you book your tickets in advance. 2nd and 3rd Class fan seats are normally available for purchase on the day of travel except during public holidays such as Songkran in April when large number of people travel home town or village to spend time with their families.
Location of Nakhon Sawan Railway Station
- See more information about Nakhon Sawan Railway Station.
Location of Bangkok Railway Station
- From the 19th January 2023 the main railway station in Bangkok is Krung Thep Aphiwat Central Terminal (also known as Bang Sue Grand Station).
About Travel to Bangkok
Bangkok is an exciting city with lots of places to visit and things to do, as well as a fabulous range of restaurants and hotels. Bangkok has something for everyone, and in all price ranges, although for visitors unfamiliar with the city the busy roads, hectic pace of life, heat, and pollution can be off-putting.
Some places in Bangkok, such as the fantastic Sampeng Lane Market with its narrow packed passageways, can be extremely unpleasant for visitors used to the more regulated open spaces in Western Europe and North America. If you feel that way, what we would advise is to carefully plan some trips out in Bangkok during which you avoid the crowds and the confined spaces.
Places to go for a relaxing day out in Bangkok
- Lumphini Park: Bangkok has a number of parks, the largest of which is Lumphini Park covering an area of around 500,00 sqm. This park, located not far from Bangkok Hua Lamphong Railway Station, has two lakes, a running track around the outside and lots of open green spaces.
- Chao Phraya Express Boats: A Bangkok has a very cheap commuter boat service that operates on the Chao Phraya River, which is the main river running through Bangkok. This boat service is very cheap with frequent departures departures and lots of stops on route. You pay on the boat after you board. The best place to start your journey is at the Central Pier which is very close to Saphan Taksin BTS station.
- Wat Po: Located next to the Grand Palace, which is Thailand’s number one tourist attraction, Wat Po is a much more relaxed low-key place to visit. Wat Po is most famous for its Gold covered statue of the Lord Buudha in a reclining position, however, this temple also has large sprawling grounds with gardens and an eclectic range of buildings and shrines, as well as a massage school.
- Koh Kret: To the north of Bangkok, Koh Kret is an island in the Chao Phraya River inhabited by people of the Mon ethnic group. The island is car free and many visitors choose to spend the day walking around cycling around this small island, whose main industry is pottery. Koh Kret is the exact opposite of the busy centre of Bangkok.