By train the journey from Nakhon Sawan to Chiang Mai is scheduled to take between 8 and 10 hours depending upon which train service you use.
Train Times from Nakhon Sawan to Chiang Mai
There are currently 5 direct train services a day from Nakhon Sawan to Chiang Mai.
|Nakhon Sawan||Chiang Mai||Service||Train|
- Fastest Train: The fastest service from Nakhon Sawan to Chiang Mai is Train #7, departing at 11:40, which is scheduled to complete the journey from Nakhon Sawan to Chiang Mai in 7 hours 50 minutes.
- Slowest Train: The slowest service from Nakhon Sawan to Chiang Mai is Train #51, departing at 02:24 and scheduled to arrive in Chiang Mai 9 hours 46 minutes later.
Buy Tickets from Nakhon Sawan to Chiang Mai
Use the Search Box below to buy your train tickets from Nakhon Sawan to Chiang Mai.
Location of Nakhon Sawan Railway Station
- See more information about Nakhon Sawan Railway Station.
Location of Chiang Mai Station
- See more information about Chiang Mai Railway Station
About Travel to Chiang Mai
Chiang Mai is one of the most popular tourist destinations in Thailand. Chiang Mai is a long way from the sea, but it more than makes up for the lack of beaches with great cultural attractions and fantastic scenery.
Chiang Mai City
Chiang Mai itself is a fairly large city with newer and older parts. The old part of the city is surrounded on all 4 sides by a moat and the remnants of a defensive walls. Chiang Mai was established as the captial of the old Kingdom of Lanna in 1296, and some of the temples in the Old Town date back to the 13th Century. The Old Town features lots more temples and a really good range of hotels, restaurants and bars, most of which catering prodominantly to tourists.
Many visitors, however, choose not to stay in the Old Town but in the riverside area, which is closer to the train station. The riverside area has larger and better value for money hotels, and is busier in the evenings. The Changklan Road in the riverside area in particular has several night markets featuring restaurants, bars and foodcourts in addition to stalls selling local products and souvenirs. In high season many of these night markets also feature free entertainment, such as live music or Thai dance, and they very popular with families.
Attractions Near Chiang Mai
A short distance from Chiang Mai there are lots of other places of interest to visit. The most popular of these are:
- Wat Doi Suthep: A hilltop Buddhist temple with outstanding views across Chiang Mai, located 17 km by road from Chaing Mai.
- Mae Sa Elephant Camp: This is the best of a number of elephant camps near Chiang Mai. Mae Sa Eelphant Camp has a wonderful forest location with a river where the elephant are bathed. Mae Sa Elephant Camp is located 27 km by road from Chiang Mai.
- Wat Phra That Doi Kham: Another hill top temple located 13 km by road from Chiang Mai.
- Chiang Mai Zoo: Located only 5 km from Chiang Mai, Chiang Mai Zoo is well worth visiting particularly for its range of South East Asian animals, birds and reptiles.