By train the journey from Phatthalung to Chumphon is scheduled to take from 6 to 7 hours depending upon which train you take.
Trains Times to Chumphon
When the full schedule is running are five direct trains per day from Phatthalung to Chumphon.
- The fastest train from Phatthalung to Surat Thani is Train #42 departing at 17:45 and scheduled to arrive in Chumphon 5 hours 33 minutes later at 23:18.
- The slowest direct train is Train #172 departing from Phatthalung at 17:00 and arriving in Chumphon at 23:58, which is a scheduled journey time of 6 hours 58 minutes.
Buy Tickets to Chumphon
Use the Search Box below to buy your train tickets from Phatthalung to Chumphon.
Phatthalung Train Station
- See more information about Phatthalung Train Station.
Chumphon Train Station
- See more information about Chumphon Train Station.
About travel to Chumphon
Chumphon City itself has few attractions which are popular with foreign tourists. Chumphon’s railway station has some points of interest for rail enthusiasts, in particular the wooden railway staff houses and the antique steam engines which are both located on the approach road to the station. Chumphon also has a night food market on the Krumluang Chumphon Road which is one of the best places in Thailand to try the distinctive cuisine of Southern Thailand which is sold at very affordable prices. The main reason most foreign visitors come to Chumphon, however, is because it’s the connection point between rail services (and long distance bus services) and ferry services to and from the popular island of Koh Tao.
There are three ferry services running between Chumphon Province and Koh Tao and there are several tour operators, as well as the ferry operators themselves, who run transfer services from Chumphon Railway Station to Koh Tao, combining bus transfers from the city centre to the out of town ferry piers from where the ferries to Koh Tao depart. The three ferry services from Chumphon to Koh Tao are:
- Lomprayah High Speed Ferry: This is the premium ferry service to Koh Tao, which uses high speed catamaran ferries. These services depart from Ao Thung Makham Noi Pier, which is 27.5 km by road to the south of Chumphon City.
- Songserm: This a wooden ferry boat service which is 45 minutes slower than the Lomprayah High Speed Ferry Service, but cheaper and popular with younger backpackers for that reason. The Sonsgerm service departs Mattapon Pier, which is 17.7 km by road to the south east of Chumphon City.
- Night boat: There are two different converted fishing boat services which depart on alternate nights of the week. There are mattresses to sleep on these inside these very slow ferries which take over 6 hours to reach Koh Tao. They depart from Tha Yang Pier, which is a river pier 7 km from Chumphon city centre.