By train the journey from Ratchaburi to Trang is scheduled to take from 11 to 12 hours depending upon which train you take.
Train Times from Ratchaburi to Trang
There are currently 2 direct train services a day from Ratchaburi to Trang.
- The fastest train service from Ratchaburi to Trang is Train #83 departing from Ratchaburi at 20:48 and scheduled to arrive in Trang 11 hours 27 minutes later.
- The slowest service from Ratchaburi to Trang is Train #167 departing at 22:34 which is scheduled to complete the journey from Ratchaburi to Trang in 12 hours 26 minutes.
Buy Tickets from Ratchaburi to Trang
Use the Search Box below to buy your train tickets from Ratchaburi to Trang.
Location of Ratchaburi Railway Station
Location of Trang Railway Station
- Read more about Trang Railway Station
About Travel to Trang
Trang is a medium sized town with around 60,000 permanent residents which is the capital of a coastal province of the same name.
Trang Town itself has several points of interest for visitors, including a distinctive yellow coloured church built in the early 20th Century, lots of old buildings clustered near the main market in the centre of the city, a series of good quality wall murals, and some excellent food, in particular Thai-Chinese and Southern Thai dishes. Trang Town is not, however, a popular destination in it’s own right for foreign tourists. The town is located a long way from the sea and the amenities for international visitors are limited to a small number of hotels and restaurant located near to the railway station.
The main reason foreign visitors come to Trang is that it is the connection point between long distance train and bus services, and local services to a series of fairly hard to reach islands on the South West Coast of Thailand, most prominently the 4 popular islands of Koh Muk, Koh Kradan, Koh Libong and Koh Ngai. These 4 small islands have fantastic beaches, very clear waters and hotels for overnight visitors.
Travel from Trang to the Islands
To get to these islands travellers need to make the 44 km journey from Trang Town to Khuan Tung Ku Pier to board a local boat or speed boat service. Joint bus and boat services depart from both the bus station and from in front of the train station, although for services from Trang Train Station you need to book in advance:
- Trang Railway Station to Koh Ngai
- Trang Railway Station to Koh Muk
- Trang Railway Station to Koh Kradan
- Trang Railway Station to Koh Libong