There are three ways to get from Ao Nang to Surat Thani:
- By taxi.
- By bus from Krabi Bus Terminal.
- By minivan from your hotel all the way to the station.
In terms of both convenience and value for money the minivan service from any hotel in Ao Nang to Surat Thani (option 3.) is the best option.
Bus Times from Ao Nang to Surat Thani
There are currently 4 direct services a day from Ao Nang to Surat Thani available to book online.
|Ao Nang any Hotel||Surat Thani||Cost||Company|
|09:00||13:30||465 THB||Krabi Sea Pearl|
|11:00||15:00||465 THB||Krabi Sea Pearl|
|15:00||19:30||465 THB||Krabi Sea Pearl|
- In case of delays we suggest allowing at least 1 hour between your scheduled arrival time and the departure time of any onward transport.
Buy Tickets from Ao Nang to Surat Thani
Use the Search Box below to buy your bus tickets from Ao Nang to Surat Thani.
Departure from Ao Nang
All services from Ao Nang to Surat Thani listed above include a free transfer from any hotel in Ao Nang Town.
Location of Surat Thani Railway Station
Read more about Surat Thani Railway Station.
About Travel to Surat Thani
Phantip and Krabi Sea Pearl services from Ao Nang to Surat Thani commence with a pick up from any hotel in Ao Nang. From Ao Nang passengers then travel 17 km to Krabi town to join a minivan service to Surat Thani. The journey from Ao Nang to Krabi town takes around 30 minutes after all passengers on this service have been picked up from their hotel in Ao Nang.
The next stage of the journey is from Krabi town to Surat Thani city centre. The distance travelled is around 160 km which takes around 2 hours 30 minutes including a short comfort break halfway through the journey. From Surat Thani city passengers need to change minivan again for the final stage of the journey which is from the city centre 16 km to Surat Thani Railway Station. This final stage of the journey takes about 20 minutes.
If you are planning to travel onward from Surat Thani to Bangkok you have 10 trains to choose from. Most, but not all, of these trains have sleeper berths available. A 2nd class sleeper berth in an air-conditioned carriage, which is the most popular seat type for foreign travellers on this route, costs the equivalent of $25 to $30 USD (750 to 1,000 THB) booked online.
Train Tickets from Surat Thani to Bangkok
- Buy train tickets from Surat Thani to Bangkok.
Train Times from Surat Thani to Bangkok
- Please Note: The services shaded in grey are not currently operating.
- Travel Tip: Be aware that all travel in South East Asia is prone to delays. The 10:00 departure will arrive in plenty of time for Train #86 departing at 18:52, but may not always arrive in time for Train #174 departing at 17:08. Similarly, the 15:00 service from Ao Nang may not always arrive in time for passengers to board Train #84 departing at 20:14, but will nearly always arrive in time to passengers to board Train #172 departing at 21:26.