Instead of flying from Bangkok to Krabi, or taking a bus from Bangkok to Ao Nang, a more relaxed option is to take a overnight train to Surat Thani, and then take a direct transfer from Surat Thani Railway Station to your hotel in Ao Nang.
Travel Times to Ao Nang
There are one direct service a day from Surat Thani Railway Station to Ao Nang which you can book online.
|Surat Thani Station||Ao Nang||Cost||Company|
- We recommend booking a departure at least 1 hour after your scheduled arrival time at Surat Thani Railway Station to allow for delays on your connecting train.
Buy Tickets to Ao Nang
Use the Search Box below to buy your bus tickets from Surat Thani Railway Station to Ao Nang.
Location of Surat Thani Railway Station
The Phantip Travel service to Ao Nang departs from the car park in front of Surat Thani Railway Station.
Arrival in Ao Nang
Phantip Travel services to Ao Nang include a free transfer to any hotel in Ao Nang Town.
About Travel to Ao Nang
The Phantip Travel service to Ao Nang departs from a car park in front of Platform 1 at Surat Thani Railway Station. Trains from Bangkok arrive into Surat Thani Railway at Platform 1. To find the departure point for the service to Ao Nang leave the station via the opening in the gate on Platform 1 which is to the left hand side of the ticket hall. This opening leads onto a car park with a row of travel agencies on the other side of the car park. Phantip Travel has its own office located here and this is where you need to check in for the bus service to Ao Nang.
There are two advantages to travelling directly from Railway Station to Ao Nang rather than travelling Surat Thani Town:
- Firstly, Surat Thani Railway Station is located 16 km from Surat Thani Town Centre. By travelling direct from Surat Thani Railway Station you save yourself a 30 to 45 minutes journey into the town to get a bus or minivan.
- Secondly, if you did travel from Surat Thani Town to Ao Nang you have a longer journey. Surat Thani Railway Station is closer to Ao Nang than Surat Thani Town.
There are two parts to the journey from Surat Thani Railway Station to Ao Nang:
- The first part of the journey is on a large bus to Krabi Town. This is a journey of 158 which is scheduled to take 2 hours 15 minutes.
- At Krabi Town passengers disembark from the large bus and board a minivan which drops passengers off at their hotel in Ao Nang. It’s just over 17 km from Krabi Town to Ao Nang, which takes around 25 minutes. Exactly the time you arrive at your hotel depends on how many drop off the minivan does more it reaches your final destination. The likelihood is that you will arrive in Ao Nang earlier than the scheduled time.