The easiest and quickest way to travel from Surat Thani Train Station to Railay is to take the joint bus and boat transfer service operated by Phantip Travel.
Travel Times to Railay
There is a single direct service a day from Surat Thani Railway Station to Railay which you can book online.
|Surat Thani Station||Railay||Cost||Company|
- The arrival time is for arrival at Ao Nang beach for the short connecting boat journey to Railway.
Buy Tickets to Railay
Use the Search Box below to buy your tickets from Surat Thani Railway Station to Ao Nang.
Location of Surat Thani Railway Station
The Phantip Travel service to Railay departs from the car park in front of Surat Thani Railway Station.
Arrival in Railay
Phantip Travel services to Railay include a boat transfer from Ao Nang Beach to Railay West Beach.
About Travel to Ao Railay
The journey with Phantip Travel from Surat Thani Railway Station to Railay has three stages:
- Stage 1: A/C bus from the Phantip Travel office in the car park in front of Surat Thani Train Station to the Krabi Sea Pearl Office in Krabi Town. This is a journey of 163 km which takes around 2 hours.
- Stage 2: Minivan from Krabi Sea Pearl Office to Ao Nang Beach. This is a journey of 17.5 km which takes 27 minutes.
- Stage 3: Transfer by wooden longtail boat from Ao Nang Beach to Railway West Beach. This is a journey of about 3 km which takes 10 to 15 minutes.
If you are travelling by train from Bangkok we recommend that you book one of the earlier departures to make sure that make it in time for the 08:00 service to Railay. Trains from Bangkok to Surat Thani are often delayed by up to 90 minutes. For this reason the latest train you should take is Train #173 departing at 17:35.
- Train times from Bangkok to Surat Thani:
|Train No.||Bangkok||Surat Thani||Sleeper|
- Buy train tickets from Bangkok to Surat Thani.