The easiest and quickest way to travel from Surat Thani to Railay is to take a bus service to Ao Nam Mao Pier and from there take a local boat service to Railay.
Bus Times from Surat Thani to Railay
There are currently 4 direct bus services a day from Surat Thani to Ao Nam Mao Pier (for Railay) available to book online.
- The arrival time is for arrival at Ao Nam Mao Pier for the short connecting boat journey to Railay.
Buy Tickets from Surat Thani to Railay
Use the Search Box below to buy your tickets from Surat Thani to Railay.
Surat Thani Railway Station
Read more about Surat Thani Railway Station.
Railay Boat Pier
From Ao Nam Mao Pier boat services travel to Railay West Beach.
About Travel to Railay
The journey with Phantip Travel from Surat Thani Railway Station to Railay has three stages.
Route from Surat Thani to Railay
- Stage 1: A/C bus from the Phantip Travel office in the car park in front of Surat Thani Train Station to the Krabi Sea Pearl Office in Krabi Town. This is a journey of 163 km which takes around 2 hours.
- Stage 2: Minivan from Krabi Sea Pearl Office to Ao Nang Beach. This is a journey of 17.5 km which takes 27 minutes.
- Stage 3: Transfer by wooden longtail boat from Ao Nang Beach to Railway West Beach. This is a journey of about 3 km which takes 10 to 15 minutes.
Train times from Bangkok to Surat Thani
If you are travelling by train from Bangkok we recommend that you book one of the earlier departures to make sure that make it in time for the 09:00 service to Railay. Trains from Bangkok to Surat Thani are often delayed by up to 90 minutes. For this reason the latest train you should take is Train #167 departing at 18:50.
- Buy train tickets from Bangkok to Surat Thani.