By train the journey from Bangkok to Lang Suan is scheduled to take from 10 to 12 hours depending upon which train you take.
Train Times from Bangkok to Lang Suan
There are 7 direct trains per day from Bangkok’s main railway station (Hua Lamphong) to Lang Suan.
- Please note: The services shaded in grey are not currently operating.
- The fastest train from Bangkok to Lang Suan is Train #43 departing from Bangkok at 07:50, and arriving 9 hours 37 minutes later in Lang Suan at 17:27.
- The slowest train is Train #173 departing from Bangkok at 17:35 and arriving in Lang Suan at 05:19, which is a scheduled journey time of 11 hours 44 minutes.
Buy Tickets from Bangkok to Lang Suan
Use the Search Box below to buy your train tickets from Bangkok to Lang Suan.
Tickets purchased online will be sent to you by e-mail. 5 out of the 7 trains on this route have sleeper berths available. The two train services which do not have sleeper berths are Train #43 departing at 07:50 and Train #39/41 departing at 22:05. Trains #43 and #39/41 are sprinter trains featuring three carriages with air-conditioned seats. Sprinter trains are the fastest types of trains in Thailand and the ticket price includes food and drink served to your seat, they are not, however, very comfortable for overnight travel and you cannot transport bicycles on sprinter trains as they have no freight car.
Ticket Prices from Bangkok to Lang Suan
It costs 250 THB to 290 THB more to buy a ticket in advance online than it does to buy your ticket at a train station in Thailand.
|Seat Type||Online Price||Station Price|
|1st Class A/C Sleeper||1,512 THB||1,262 THB|
|2nd Class A/C Sleeper||962 to 1,022 THB||692 to 732 THB|
|2nd Class Fan Sleeper||722 THB||472 THB|
The advantage of booking in advance online is that you can guarantee to get a sleeper berth. During busy times, particularly December to April and July to September, tickets for sleeper berths are fully booked out in advance of the day of travel. Lang Suan is on the busy Southern Line between Chumphon (the connection point for ferry services to Koh Tao) and Surat Thani (the connection point for ferry services to Koh Samui and Koh Phangan).
About Travel to Lang Suan
Lang Suan is 549.35 km by train South of Bangkok Hua Lamphong Railway Station, in Chumphon Province. Fewer foreign visitors come here than the cities of Chumphon to the North and Surat Thani to the South, which are both transport hubs for bus and ferry services to the islands of Koh Tao, Koh Samui and Koh Phangan.
Lang Suan is, however, a moderately popular beach resort town with Thai holiday makers and foreign visitors who prefer to spend their time at the beach away from large crowds of other foreign holiday makers. The town itself has a small number of hotels and pleasant places to eat, and the main attractions to visit in the area are:
- Kho Khao Beach: A 6 km stretch of white sand beach with a view point at the Northern end and a temple at the Southern end. Ao Thai Seafood on Kho Khao beach is a popular beach front restaurant which gets very busy on the weekends and during public holidays. The viewpoint at the Northern end of the beach is 18.8 km from Lang Suan Railway Station and there are resorts on the beach where you can stay.
- Somdet Phra Srinagarindra Park: Located 5.5 km to the West of Lang Suan Railway Station the highlight of this park on the river is Khao Ngoen hill which features several caves, the largest of which is Lom Cave. There are also some very entertaining monkeys in park and tranquil gardens to wander around. It is a bit overgrown, but in a way that adds to its charm.
- Khao Kriab Cave: Khao Kriab Cave is part of a very small temple, with a Buddha statue inside the cave next to several impressive stalactites and stalagmites. There are also some great views from the top of the concrete stairs you need to climb to enter the cave. Khao Kriab Cave is 25.8 km to the South of Lang Suan Railway Station.
Bangkok Railway Station
- Bangkok Train Station is located in Bangkok’s vibrant China Town area and easily accessible by the MRT (metro) which runs through the city and connects to both the BTS skytain and Airport Rail Link to Suvarnabhumi International Airport.
Lang Suan Train Station
- Lang Suan Railway Station is in the centre of Lang Suan town 4.1 km by road from Wat Tham Khao Ngoen.