By train the journey from Nong Khai to Bangkok is scheduled to take from 9 to 11 hours depending upon which train you take. The two best trains are the first train in the morning (Train #76 departing at 07:00) which is the quickest train, and the last train of the evening (Train #26 departing at 19:10) which is a new modern train with comfortable A/C sleeper carriages and a restaurant car.
- Check ticket availability for Nong Khai to Bangkok trains.
Train Times from Nong Khai to Bangkok
There are 4 direct train services per day from Nong Khai to Bangkok.
- Please note: The services shaded in grey are not currently operating.
|Train||Nong Khai||Bangkok||Train Type|
- Fastest Train: The fastest train between Nong Khai and Bangkok is Train #76 (departing at 07:45) which is scheduled to complete the journey in 9 hours 25 minutes.
- Slowest Train: The slowest service is Train #134 (departing at 18:50) which is scheduled to complete the journey in 10 hours and 55 minutes.
- Sleeper Berths: The only train service between Nong Khai and Bangkok with sleeper berths available (1st and 2nd class air-conditioned sleepers) is Train #26 which uses the brand new train carriages brought in to service late in 2016.
Buy Tickets from Nong Khai to Bangkok
Use the Search Box below to buy your train tickets from Nong Khai to Bangkok.
The trains listed above through trains running the entire distance from Nong Khai to Bangkok. There are other trains running part of the distance which are not available to book online. For these other train services you need to visit a train station in Thailand to check times, prices and to book tickets.
Ticket Prices from Nong Khai to Bangkok
|Seat Type||Online Price||Station Price|
|1st Class A/C Sleeper||1,807 THB||1,557 THB|
|2nd Class A/C Sleeper||1,248 THB||998 THB|
|2nd Class A/C Seat||748 THB||498 THB|
Tickets costs 250 THB more per person for the Nong Khai to Bangkok when booked online. However, if you do not book in advance you may find that you are either unable to travel on the day you need or that the only available seats are fan cooled 3rd Class seats, which will be uncomfortable for a journey of over 10 hours.
Travel from Nong Khai
Nong Khai Train Station is 1.5 km from the Thai-Lao Friendship Bridge marking the border between Laos and Thailand. If you are travelling from Vientiane, capital city of Laos, to Thailand you might enjoy taking the short train journey from Thanaleng train station in the Laotian village of Dongphosy for the 4 km journey from to Nong Khai train station. Trains from Thanaleng train station to Nong Khai train station depart at 10:00 and 17:30 every day and take 15 minutes to complete the journey.
For the onward train journey from Nong Khai to Bangkok we recommend that you either stay at a hotel near Nong Khai Train Station overnight and take the 07:00 departure on Train #76 the next morning. Train #76 is a fast service with 3 carriages of air-conditioned 2nd class seats with breakfast, lunch and drinks included in the price. Alternatively, take Train #26 departing at 19:10 which is the only direct train service between Nong Khai and Bangkok with sleeper berths. The other two services (Trains #78 and #134 are slower trains without sleeper berths).
Location of Nong Khai Railway Station
Location of Bangkok Railway Station
- See more information about Bangkok Train Station