The train is good option for travel from Chumphon to Bangkok. From Koh Tao you can take the Lomprayah ferry and bus service direct to Chumphon Train Station arriving at either 13:00 or 17:15. Inexpensive sleeper berths are available on overnight trains saving you the expense of paying for a night in a hotel room.
- Check ticket availability for Chumphon to Bangkok trains.
Train Times to Bangkok
There are 10 daily direct train services from Chumphon to Bangkok (Trains #38 and 46, and trains #42 and #44, join together into a single service before they reach Chumphon).
- The fastest service is Train #40, departing at 12:36, scheduled to complete the journey to Bangkok in 8 hours 34 minutes.
- The slowest service is Train #168, departing at 20:01, which is scheduled to reach Bangkok 11 hours 34 minutes after departing from Chumphon.
- If you plan to travel on one of the overnight trains book a 1st or 2nd class air-conditioned sleeper berth.
- The most comfortable train is Train #32 departing from Chumphon at 01:00 which is a new service introduced in December 2016. Train #32 uses the new rolling stock of modern carriages the State Railways of Thailand has recently purchased.
Buy Tickets to Bangkok
Use the Search Box below to buy your train tickets from Chumphon to Bangkok.
- Sleeper seats are available to book online as well as the cheaper seat only options.
- After booking either collect your train tickets at the Parcels Office at Chumphon Train Station or request that they are sent by post to your home address.
Ticket Prices to Bangkok
|Seat Type||Online Price||Station Price|
|1st Class A/C Sleeper||1,444 THB||1,194 THB|
|2nd Class A/C Sleeper||920 to 980 THB||650 to 690 THB|
|2nd Class A/C Seat||730 to 760 THB||510 THB|
|2nd Class Fan Sleeper||700 THB||450 THB|
Booking in Advance
Booking online is more expensive than buying your ticket at the train station in Thailand, however, on busy days 1st and 2nd Class A/C Sleeper Seats will all have been booked out a few days or weeks in advance of the day of travel.
If you want to travel in a sleeper berth overnight on a train in Thailand we recommend that you book in advance online or in person at a train station in Thailand at least 14 days before your the day you plan to travel.
Location of Chumphon Station
- See more information about Chumphon Train Station
Location of Bangkok Station
- See more information about Bangkok Train Station